Rodney Bewes interview in Daily Mail Page 2

Quote: Marc P @ February 23 2010, 11:12 AM GMT

I liked Only When I laugh

So did I. Great little show. So much so I'd quite like to spend the rest of my life on a hospital ward. :)

It would interesting to write an updated version of Only When I Laugh. It could show them trying to get hot water brought over so they could get a wash, hilarious conversations with staff that with very poor English who are trying to give them medication, etc.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 23 2010, 11:21 AM GMT

It would interesting to write an updated version of Only When I Laugh. It could show them trying to get hot water brought over so they could get a wash, hilarious conversations with staff that with very poor English who are trying to give them medication, etc.

That was Only When I Laugh. You've clearly forgotten about Gupta!

Yes, I think she was being ironical Chip :)

Quote: chipolata @ February 23 2010, 11:25 AM GMT

That was Only When I Laugh. You've clearly forgotten about Gupta!

Ah, but was he an agency worker who kept insisting you take your pills and doesn't understand when you're trying to tell them you were given them by another nurse only an hour ago?

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 23 2010, 11:28 AM GMT

Ah, but was he an agency worker who kept insisting you take your pills and doesn't understand when you're trying to tell them you were given them by another nurse only an hour ago?

So I was right. You weren't being ironic. One in the eye for you, Mr P. :)

No she's still making the same point. She being Dolly of course not the cat's mother.

Maybe there should be an irony symbol. Like Rolling eyes.

It would work like this:

Chip is so funny Rolling eyes

Quote: Marc P @ February 23 2010, 11:35 AM GMT

No she's still making the same point. She being Dolly of course not the cat's mother.

I give up. :)

Although Gupta wasn't agency staff, he was a full time orderly, I think.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 23 2010, 11:41 AM GMT

Maybe there should be an irony symbol. Like Rolling eyes.

It would work like this:

Chip is so funny Rolling eyes

I have a broad back. I can take the bullying and abuse.

Apparently the Labour party is looking for some volunteers! :)

Quote: chipolata @ February 23 2010, 11:17 AM GMT

So did I. Great little show. So much so I'd quite like to spend the rest of my life on a hospital ward. :)

It can be arranged.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ February 23 2010, 12:57 PM GMT

It can be arranged.

I'm only interested if I can have Bishop and Douch in beds on either side of me.

Quote: chipolata @ February 23 2010, 1:53 PM GMT

I'm only interested if I can have Bishop and Douch in beds on either side of me.

What, giving you a good 'updating?'

He could always have a bishop and a douche instead.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ February 23 2010, 2:01 PM GMT

He could always have a bishop and a douche instead.

Well, I'll happily administer the Bishop, but I'll let you tackle the douche, Nurse Dolly.