The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 90

Quote: Chappers @ February 11 2010, 10:22 PM GMT

He's a f**king idiot who should be setting a better example.

You sound mentally ill.

Ashley Cole is injured which probably means that Wayne Bridge will be England's left back in the World Cup. (God obviously has a sense of humour!)

Cracking win at the San Siro last night.

We should go through quite easily. I can't see Milan winning by two clear goals.

I just love the Champions League. I've been ill all week with the flu, but went out last night to watch the game. I sat down and the Champions League Anthem came on and I just felt so much better- http://www.youtube.com/user/HDArshad1080#p/u/14/rE6jqjCRWaM

You can have your World Cup which will be good, but I love this competition much more.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 17 2010, 2:58 PM GMT

You can have your World Cup which will be good, but I love this competition much more.

Each to their own.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 17 2010, 2:58 PM GMT

I just love the Champions League. I've been ill all week with the flu, but went out last night to watch the game. I sat down and the Champions League Anthem came on and I just felt so much better.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8516372.stm

:)

There are many pros and cons to that decision, yet if pushed, I would say, no it isn't a good idea. Top Four dominance will probably be a thing of the past in a few seasons time.

I think it'll be superb, they'll be like the Championship play-offs on speed.

Also, as a Villa fan, it's our only real hope :)

Gerry- as a Villa fan who do you think should play in goal for the Carling Cup Final. Brad Guzan has played every game on the road to Wembley, so do you think it would be unfair of him to be dropped in place of Freidal?

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 17 2010, 3:28 PM GMT

Gerry- as a Villa fan who do you think should play in goal for the Carling Cup Final. Brad Guzan has played every game on the road to Wembley, so do you think it would be unfair of him to be dropped in place of Freidal?

Friedel's been one of out best three players this season (alongside Dunne and Milner) - he has to start imo. Forget fairness, this is a Cup Final :)

Quote: Ben @ February 17 2010, 2:52 PM GMT

We should go through quite easily. I can't see Milan winning by two clear goals.

We can always pray though.

Quote: Gerry McDonnell @ February 17 2010, 3:38 PM GMT

Friedel's been one of out best three players this season (alongside Dunne and Milner) - he has to start imo. Forget fairness, this is a Cup Final :)

Quite right. Freidel is World class.

I'm afraid Arsenal have been very naive tonight.

The quick free-kick should be allowed whenever possible although referees can be quite inconsistent. After all it's only fair that the victims get some benefit. If they'd managed to get their defenders back there would be no real punishment as indirect free-kicks in the box rarely result in a goal.

Quote: Chappers @ February 12 2010, 11:17 PM GMT

Ashley Cole is injured

More so when his missus gets home !

I watched Arsenal last night and the referee put in a poor performance, he was in Campbell's way for the second goal and Rosicky should have won a penalty. I used to hate Arsenal, but I cheer for them now when they are in Europe. I quite like them, I think the reason I used to hate them was when Patrick Viera played for them and now he is at City, I have seen why I used to hate him, did you see that assault on Stoke's Glen Whelan the other night? But Arsenal have a tough job at the Emirates, but I think they'll just about do it. If the likes of Arshavin are back and they have Almunia back (Fabianski had a shocker last night).
As for the other Champions League game last night- Bayern Munich and Fiorentina, that to was marred by poor refereeing. Miroslav Klose's last minute winner to make it 2-1 on the night to Bayern Munich was yards offside. How the Linesman never spotted that was crazy.

Quote: Jack Massey @ February 17 2010, 2:40 PM GMT

Cracking win at the San Siro last night.

Didn't like Ronaldinho deciding to turn on the magic but we should get through..

I can see Arsenal being knocked out though..

Smarmy