Explicit Comedy

Let me introduce myself, I am one of the two regs and we have just set up an explicit comedy podcast which can be found at http://www.thetworegs.co.uk/
I would like to know what you think of explicit humour. Who do you find funny? What subject is untouchable, if any? And what age range finds it most funny? I would have thought teenagers until recently.
I recently went to see Ricky Gervais and was a little shocked to see a full age range from teenager to old age pensioner in the audience laughing loudly at his introduction and his new addiction to drinking come, which I found hilarious, especially the gut retching toilet scene, bad taste at its best. I don't know why I was shocked but I was. I'd like to know your thoughts on this. When are you too old to find a knob joke funny? Is it never?
Reg.

I personally don't mind explicit humour as long as it doesn't only exist because it's explicit, and occasionally gives the viewer / listener a rest from all the cocks and fannies and poo jokes. It just gets old very quickly.

I listened to about half of your podcast and to be honest it came over as rather stilted and old fashioned - almost like a Confessions movie script. It's a good idea to mix up your podcast with music to break up the monotony but your delightfully-witty, Oscar Wilde-esqe ditty "Stale Piss And A Rotten Piece Of Fish" went on way too long.

Anyway, not really for me but it sounds like you had a good time making it which is the main thing.

Quote: The Two Regs @ February 6 2010, 2:11 PM GMT

When are you too old to find a knob joke funny. is it never?
Reg

Sorry, One Reg - Explicit or not - I prefer pussy.