Chalk (Series 2)

I think we can remove those two.

Quote: David Carmon @ December 5 2009, 2:41 AM GMT

My Hero (Series 4-6)

+ Series 1 & 2

And May To December Series 3-6.

Quote: Charly @ June 28 2009, 3:45 PM GMT

Chelmsford 123

I'll second that! Really want to get this on DVD.

I'm going to mention 'First of the Summer Wine' again, there ... I just did it.

Quote: Aaron @ December 5 2009, 1:08 PM GMT

I think we can remove those two.

+ Series 1 & 2

And May To December Series 3-6.

But The Upper Hand has only been scheduled for series 1 so far - hasn't it?

Is Chalk series 2 available now then?

I found series 1-3 of My Hero on Amazon :)just no 4,5 or 6

And what is May To December when it's in March? (as in when it's at home, just using months)

Quote: David Carmon @ December 5 2009, 2:36 PM GMT

But The Upper Hand has only been scheduled for series 1 so far - hasn't it?

And thus the rest will follow. Now that the series is being started, it's unfair to call it "unreleased" really.

Is Chalk series 2 available now then?

Not yet, but soon; Replay DVD is more-or-less a one-man bedroom operation, so it's unfair to expect Series 2 to be released within a couple of months of Series 1.

I found series 1-3 of My Hero on Amazon

Series 1 & 2 are only in Region 1.

And what is May To December when it's in March? (as in when it's at home, just using months)

The first sitcom by Paul Mendelson, who created and wrote My Hero.

Well that's me told :$

:D

I am hoping that 2.4 will get a release now that the contract for 1-3 is expiring

Hopefully so - just don't tell Richard Saunders. ;)

:D

He takes it to heart too much. I even sent him Next of Kin series 3 on a tape as I felt guilty that I had it and he wanted it badly :P

Bless Console

Quote: greensville @ December 5 2009, 1:13 PM GMT

I'll second that! Really want to get this on DVD.

I really wanted to get this on DVD too, so I put it in the suggestion box of replaydvd. This is the email I recieved-

Hi Liam,

I thought I'd just give you some feedback on Chelmsford 123.

I think that is an excellent choice and it's one that I would have done already but there is a problem. There is apparently a dispute between the writers Jimmy Mulville and Rory McGrath and as a result it is not possible to obtain the clearances needed for a release. Indeed, a DVD release was scheduled about four years ago (I forget who the DVD publisher was going to be) and it even got so far as to be listed as a pre-order on Amazon and Play etc but this problem proved to be insurmountable and it was pulled.

Sadly, that means a release by Replay or anyone else remains impossible unless the writers end their dispute.

Regards,

Craig Robins

So it appears someone will have to lock them in a room together and force them to resolve their differences if this is to see the light of day. Or alternatively wait 50 years or however long it is until the copyright expires.

Ouch, that sucks. Such a good show. Hope they sort themselves out soon.

Would love to get my hands on Rutland Weekend Television. Eric Idle's post-Python sketch series.

Quote: Liam @ January 27 2010, 11:36 AM GMT

So it appears someone will have to lock them in a room together and force them to resolve their differences if this is to see the light of day.

And film it and put it on the DVD as an extra.

There's still so much of Morecambe and Wise which hasn't been released on either VHS or DVD. In fact, their peak years at the BBC haven't really been touched as apart from the Xmas specials there is almost nothing from 1973-76. And the Thames era is also badly represented on DVD. The Network release of the Thames period 1978-1980 is an excellent release (most of it never before released) but it's been two years since this DVD set. This is actually my favourite M&W DVD release and I live in hope of Thames series 2,3 and 4...