Angeleye are at it again...

Did anyone get anywhere with these? I know people were asked to submit extra stuff, but did anything come from it?

Anyway, this may be of use, or it may not....

WHAT’S WITH THE FUNNY ATTITUDE?

TV Company on the lookout for new COMEDY talent who can connect to young people 16 - 25

Angel Eye Media are offering a great opportunity to have your comedy ideas considered for television.

We are accepting submissions between now and midnight October 21st. Your idea can take one of a variety of forms and relate to pretty much anything which is attractive to a large young audience.

Those ideas considered most interesting will be selected for development into mainstream television and online projects. All work will be viewed in the order it arrives - and if we find yours of interest, we will get back to you.

Angel Eye Media develop comedy across all media including broadcast television, radio, film and new media platforms - from Angel Eye offices in Glasgow and London.

We have a respected track record in comedy and entertainment with a development team who are passionate about (and all have backgrounds in) comedy. We are focused on building and maintaining strong working relationships with writers and performers. From heart-warming comedy drama to irreverent prank shows, Angel Eye is committed to creating laugh-out loud entertainment and enduring comic characters.

What we are looking for:

Vision and originality. Your idea should take one of the following forms and be limited to one submission per person.

1. Scene for a sitcom or comedy drama (up to five pages dialogue in 12-point text)
2. Outline for TV show (25-word or less pitchline (as in TV listings) + up to 100 word synopsis)
3. 1000-word character outline (of someone who might feature in a sitcom/TV drama)
4. 1000-word monologue
5. Link to Youtube – up to 3min of original footage (can be CGI or animation)
6. Podcast – up to 3min original audio

Your submission can be entirely your own idea, or alternatively you may relate to one of the following headers:

- The thing people don’t seem to understand about me is..
- The reason I love..
- If anyone ever found out..
- What makes me really mad is..

Additional material we will take into consideration:

- Up to 3MB of images and/or link to visuals online
(Visuals can consist of any media)

Please send your idea to charlotte@angeleye.co.uk

Textual submissions:
Please put your contact details, including email address, on each page of all treatments or scripts (with page numbers) and send together with a brief covering letter, stating the first part of your postcode.

Audio and visual submissions:
You should verbally state your name, contact details and the first part of your postcode at the beginning of all audio and visual submissions, as well as on covering letter.

Submissions must reach us by midnight October 21st 2007
Electronic submissions are preferred, but where this is not possible, postal submissions should be directed to our Glasgow office:

Charlotte Macdonald
Angel Eye Media,
53 Bothwell Street,
Fourth Floor,
Glasgow
G2 6TS

Tel: +44 (0)845 230 0062
Fax: +44 (0)845 230 9562

Quote: Ginger Jesus @ October 12, 2007, 12:10 PM

you may relate to one of the following headers:

- The thing people don’t seem to understand about me is..
- The reason I love..
- If anyone ever found out..
- What makes me really mad is..

I'm sure I remember this from the GCSE English exam.

I may actually have a go for once. I just need to finish the 1st draft of my screenplay first.

mwhahaha Excellent!!!!!!

I've had something with them for about 6 weeks now.

Thanks you the info.

stating the first part of your postcode.

The first part of the postcode? Eh? Huh?

1. Scene for a sitcom or comedy drama (up to five pages dialogue in 12-point text)

If I sent them three scenes that were five pages in total, one of which is a flashback, do you reckon they'd accept that? Maybe I should just find a five page scene.

Did anyone get anywhere with these? I know people were asked to submit extra stuff, but did anything come from it?

Yeah, a couple of us here have already been paid for stuff used in the two-episoe pilot of Onliners, which will be broadcast around Christmas time on BBC Radio Scotland (subject to change obviously)

They've been very nice to deal with and always very polite. Even read my radio sitcom which they were very nice about even though at the end of the day it was still a rejection! But the nicest kind... :)

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 15, 2007, 9:29 AM

Yeah, a couple of us here have already been paid for stuff used in the two-episoe pilot of Onliners, which will be broadcast around Christmas time on BBC Radio Scotland (subject to change obviously)

They've been very nice to deal with and always very polite. Even read my radio sitcom which they were very nice about even though at the end of the day it was still a rejection! But the nicest kind... :)

Dan

Word to your mothers brother.

Well done people!

I'm doing it!

Just thought up the best Outline for TV show. It's gonna Rock man!!

This looks pretty interesting! This might sound like a silly question, but I am quite new to all of this and was wondering what exactly is meant by a 1000 word monologue! Are there examples of monologues on here? Thanks in advance for your help and good luc to everyone who applies!

A monologue is just one continuous piece of dialogue said by one character/person/animal..you get the point.

Thats great-thanks for that Martin!

Quote: swerytd @ October 15, 2007, 9:29 AM

They've been very nice to deal with and always very polite.
Dan

Ive got stuff in the same show, and would agree that theyre very friendly to work for; and this looks like another interesting opportunity.