Viz Comic Page 8

Laughing out loud

A gem from the Letterbocks page of the latest edition . .

'I think Jamie Oliver should be the first chef in space whether the little f**ker wants to be or not.'

Laughing out loud

My favourite bit of Viz now is the monthly Defacement competition. So f**king juvenile!

I love Viz - It's the only magazine I still get (have been subscribing for about eight years).

Was very please last year when I got an entry in the Profanosaurus!

Sure, it can be hit and miss (I've NEVER laughed at Billy The Fish), but every episode contains at least laugh-out-loud moment.

Especially love Spoil Bastard, Drunken Bakers, Roger Mellie (mostly because he keeps the spirit of Peter Cook alive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYglDJUtGBE) and Jack Black's Adventures.

The letters, Top-Tips and articles are always packed full of gems.

Quote: Dusty Substance @ January 21 2010, 2:19 PM GMT

I love Viz - It's the only magazine I still get (have been subscribing for about eight years).

Was very please last year when I got an entry in the Profanosaurus!

Sure, it can be hit and miss (I've NEVER laughed at Billy The Fish), but every episode contains at least laugh-out-loud moment.

Has anybody EVER laughed at Billy the Fish? Do they not just put that in there to spite the readers?!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 19 2010, 9:44 AM GMT

My favourite bit of Viz now is the monthly Defacement competition. So f**king juvenile!

I did a really disgusting defacement for that comp last month but then forgot to cut it out and post it to Viz. Then my other half saw this picture with biroed-on cocks and fannies and turds everywhere. She just shook her head in a disappointed way and walked off. Errr

Quote: john lucas 101 @ January 21 2010, 2:21 PM GMT

Has anybody EVER laughed at Billy the Fish? Do they not just put that in there to spite the readers?!

I love Billy the Fish.

Yeah - Billy the Fish was great. If only he was in our World Cup squad this year.

It's the Drunken Bakers I can't stand. What really is the point? It's the same thing every issue. Granted so are the Bacons but it's brilliant.

Quote: Kenneth @ January 21 2010, 8:23 PM GMT

I love Billy the Fish.

Billy the Fish = absolute genius, but maybe you have to be a football fan and/or have read Roy of the Rovers.

Quote: Badge @ January 21 2010, 8:45 PM GMT

Billy the Fish = absolute genius, but maybe you have to be a football fan and/or have read Roy of the Rovers.

Or be a fish fan and read Roy of the Plovers.

Quote: Chappers @ January 21 2010, 8:36 PM GMT

It's the Drunken Bakers I can't stand. What really is the point? It's the same thing every issue.

I'm with you on that ! Never laughed, sniggered or smiled once.

The sameness can be said about most of the strips, Fat Slags = sex, 8Ace = drunken slobbery, Mr Logic is logical, Major Misunderstanding misunderstands etc.

But they're funny whereas The Drunken Bakers is more, WTF?

Huh?

Quote: Oldrocker @ January 21 2010, 9:18 PM GMT

I'm with you on that ! Never laughed, sniggered or smiled once.

The sameness can be said about most of the strips, Fat Slags = sex, 8Ace = drunken slobbery, Mr Logic is logical, Major Misunderstanding misunderstands etc.

But they're funny whereas The Drunken Bakers is more, WTF?

Huh?

Must be our age!

I agree wholeheartedly with the Billy the Fish fans, it was always my favourite.
Roger Mellie was another I liked.

I haven't bought a copy for a while, and I used to get it all the time.
I may start reading it again, there's always still a few gems in there.

'The Drunken Bakers' is the best comic strip part of the magazine. (It's clearly inspired by Samuel Beckett.) That and the Jack Black adventures are the only two really great regular pieces of artwork-based humour. A far more worthy target of derision is that god-awful 'Major Misunderstanding' strip, which they seem intent on running, despite having no wit to it whatsoever. Unimpressed

I always goto the Drunken Bakers first. It tocuhes a very deep part of my soul.

I always goto the Drunken Bakers first. It tocuhes a very deep part of my soul.