Nathan Barley Page 8

Quote: Matthew Stott @ January 8 2010, 7:14 PM GMT

I love Friends, and I'm not ashamed of it! I can, and do as its repeated so much, watch the same episodes again and again and still enjoy it.

Agree. Given how immune I am to repeats, watching it over and over and over again, it's probably (by definition) my favourite sitcom ever, whether I want it to be or not!

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ January 8 2010, 9:21 PM GMT

Agree. Given how immune I am to repeats, watching it over and over and over again, it's probably (by definition) my favourite sitcom ever, whether I want it to be or not!

Dan

See, I've never laughed at Friends, but there is something relaxing about it isn't there? It hooks you in.

Quote: sglen @ January 9 2010, 11:25 AM GMT

See, I've never laughed at Friends

No one believes you.

I hate the concept, the location, the characters, the production and everyone in it. But I still laugh at it.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ January 9 2010, 12:15 PM GMT

No one believes you.

I hate the concept, the location, the characters, the production and everyone in it. But I still laugh at it.

Me not laughing at Friends doesn't say that much really. I'm essentially joyless and it takes a lot to make me laugh (on TV anyway). I don't either like or dislike Friends really. It's one of those things I won't switch on if it's on the TV but if it comes on the channel I'm watching I won't switch it off. I'm neither here nor there.

The best comedy since Partridge.

See, I've heard this but I bloody hated that Barley show. I thought it was up its own arse, pretentious and generally not funny. To me it seemed like a show that Chris Morris put out to see how far he could push his luck. Much as I like Chris Morris's work I'd take Peep Show or The IT Crowd over it any day of the week.

The problem with Morris's show is that he's almost Nathan Barley himself. Everyone in TV who isn't making the weather or the Antiques roadshow is. You can't take the rise out of Barley in a 'cool' or 'alternative' TV programme. Extra content on the Red Button after the show's finished? That's exactly what Barley would have done!

When's his 4 Lions Jihadist film coming out?

A limited release in May, I think.