Bigipedia - Series 1

I've listened to a preview of this and I'm not sure what to make of it. It has some very clever ideas in it, as can be seen in this special preview clip of the origins of "The Teddy Bears Picnic". It will certainly be interesting to hear though.

The BCG has carried out an interview with the creators, which you can read here.

BCG entry

Wikipedia on Bigipedia

Bigipedia itself

I was wondering what people thought of the show last Thursday. There have been several reviews of Bigipedia in the papers and they have been almost entirely positive. The only criticism of the show I've seen so far was in a review in the Sunday Express, although it should be pointed out that it was only one paragraph in an article that was generally applauding the show.

It's quite a demanding listen (any attempt to multitask goes out of the window) but I really liked it. It reminded me a bit of The Harpoon, which is still one of my all time radio favourites.

Finally getting around to listening to Bigipedia now. Took me a while to get into it. Didn't really 'get' it for episodes 1 and 2, but I've been laughing a lot in E3. I'm not sure if it improved in quality or if I just wasn't listening properly, but yes, I'm really enjoying it now.

Particular highlight for me was the Cherrytree Wood publishers. And I loved the bits about article deletion, because Wikipedia are right c**ts.

Very funny. Hoping for another series.

Quote: Aaron @ January 5 2010, 8:53 PM GMT

Finally getting around to listening to Bigipedia now. Took me a while to get into it. Didn't really 'get' it for episodes 1 and 2, but I've been laughing a lot in E3. I'm not sure if it improved in quality or if I just wasn't listening properly, but yes, I'm really enjoying it now.

Particular highlight for me was the Cherrytree Wood publishers. And I loved the bits about article deletion, because Wikipedia are right c**ts.

Very funny. Hoping for another series.

I believe that the news concerning whether or not a second series will be made is to be announced some time this month.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 22 2009, 8:01 PM GMT

You've just reminded me Ian.
I saw the BCG entry on Wikipedia.

Apologies for straying off topic and being a pedant, but in this bit of the BCG blurb on Wikiepdia - the BCG has over 700 guides to various different comedy programmes - "various different" strikes me as being a tautology.

Hmm.

Maybe it would sound better as 'numerous different'.
Or would that be just as bad... yes it would.

It's a thinker!

Well spotted, Ken.

Quote: Kenneth @ January 5 2010, 9:56 PM GMT

Apologies for straying off topic and being a pedant, but in this bit of the BCG blurb on Wikiepdia - the BCG has over 700 guides to various different comedy programmes - "various different" strikes me as being a tautology.

And you just left it?

Just been told by Nick Doody via Twitter that a second series of Bigipedia is to go ahead.