Writers New Year Resolutions 2010 Page 3

Quote: Marooned @ January 2 2010, 9:58 PM GMT

First blog was good fun despite being a little bit short. I look forward to reading more about you and your new hobbies!

Laughing out loud Cheers. It's a start anyway.

Keith - am I reading your mind, or are you reading mine? Either way, I'm a little scared.

I am going to try and write without smoking.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ January 2 2010, 10:36 PM GMT

Wow! You don't f**k about, do you? That's like the mother of bad habits. Good luck Dolly.

Buy a pipe and then you don't have to light it but still look writerly. And a cardigan. Mine is bottle green cashmere and I was given it by a woman who designs clothing for golfers.

Quote: Badge @ January 2 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

Find my voice.

That's going to blow your mime act surely?

I always look back on my year and think I've done nothing. But I've written several sitcom pilots, research for a potential play, filmed and edited a few shorts and two longer form vid pilots. And yet I still only manage to sound like Mikey J's left leg.
:) :( :)

Quote: Marc P @ January 3 2010, 9:29 AM GMT

Buy a pipe and then you don't have to light it but still look writerly. And a cardigan. Mine is bottle green cashmere and I was given it by a woman who designs clothing for golfers.

I look forward to the photos of you in knickerbockers.

Quote: Badge @ January 2 2010, 8:38 PM GMT

Find my voice.

I am Badge here me ROOOOAAAAAARRRRRR! (sardonically)

Easy - just don't type so fast.

Quote: SlagA @ January 3 2010, 11:01 AM GMT

That's going to blow your mime act surely?

I always look back on my year and think I've done nothing. But I've written several sitcom pilots, research for a potential play, filmed and edited a few shorts and two longer form vid pilots. And yet I still only manage to sound like Mikey J's left leg.
:) :( :)

lol :D

I spent most of last year writing and polishing scripts.
This year, I'm going to get them "out there."

Oh, and another resolution:

I will try to convince production companies to produce a variety of sitcoms (traditional, silly, real, etc) and not just those awful "realistic" snorefests that don't include laughter tracks, nor any funny lines or big laughs.

They already do Mikey! Your work is done. :)

lol. :)

I wish.
The last decade had too many prodcos going for the "realistic" approach, scrambling to make the next Office, Gavin And Stacey, Royle Family, Home Time or Outnumbered with those three annoying stage school kids that make you cringe.

:D

Or is it just me?

The three kids who haven't set foot in stage school you mean?

I think it's fair too say there's been a lot of very silly, 'unreal' stuff made too. We Are Klang, Miranda, Not Going Out and The IT Crowd immediately spring to mind from recent shows.

OK, fair enough, guys n gals.

But what I mean is... a lot of prodcos only seem to want what's "in vogue."
And aparently that's real type stuff.

...but they fail to realise that whatever they make will invariably be in vogue with the public.

It's like fashion. There's no such thing as fashion really.
Whatever the shops decide to stock becomes the trend.
Therefore, whatever the prodcos decide to make will become the trend, surely.

What I'd like to see are NEW sitcoms, just as good as Only Fools And Horses, One Foot In The Grave, Bottom, etc.