Ant and Dec's Christmas Show 2009

I must have destroyed rather more brain cells than I thought last night, as I've just voluntarily sat through this light entertainment bollocks on ITV Player.

Ant & Dec are just about tolerable. But Piers Morgan, Amanda Holden, Gino D'acampo, Richard & Judy, Jedward, Simon Cowell, Robbie Williams, The Saturdays...

Is this what we've become? Is this British culture now?

Every time they cut to the guffawing audience I puked buckets of rage.

I'm going to have to watch six hours of Screenwipe now just to return to some kind of intellectual equilibrium.

I'm partial to a bit of Ant & Dec myself, but this was truly terrible.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ January 1 2010, 4:05 PM GMT

I must have destroyed rather more brain cells than I thought last night, as I've just voluntarily sat through this light entertainment bollocks on ITV Player.

Ant & Dec are just about tolerable. But Piers Morgan, Amanda Holden, Gino D'acampo, Richard & Judy, Jedward, Simon Cowell, Robbie Williams, The Saturdays...

Is this what we've become? Is this British culture now?

*nods sadly*

Regardless of their crimes against light entertainment, Ant and Dec always make me laugh purely because they make me recall Charlie Brooker's alternative title for their programme, 'Pleb Dazzle Party.'

I watched this with my wife and contrary to the views of my fellow forum members, we laughed and laughed and laughed and...you get the idea. It featured some of my all time favourite Ant and Dec jokes.

Quote: IT David @ January 1 2010, 10:12 PM GMT

some of my all time favourite Ant and Dec jokes.

Ant and Dec?

Everything they seem to do is little more than an ill-disguised revamp of Noel's Wrinkly Old Arsehole.

I watched up until the first ad break to make sure that I wasn't wrong, and know what? I wasn't.

And on the subject of popular light entertainment...When did Piers Morgan become an expert on it? CHRIST ON A BIKE!!!!!

And now I see there are two new loads of shit 'you the public vote 'em off' dance shows coming on. One on BBC and one on Sky. Can they for God's sake not invest some money in decent drama projects instead of this moron-friendly cack!!!

*Seethes in a corner prior to spontaneously combusting in a fit of rage*

Quote: IT David @ January 1 2010, 10:12 PM GMT

I watched this with my wife and contrary to the views of my fellow forum members, we laughed and laughed and laughed and...you get the idea. It featured some of my all time favourite Ant and Dec jokes.

You all right?

Just say if you want me to phone someone . . I won't mind . . honestly !

:(

Thank you for the offer Old Rocker but if I wished to speak to people I have two or three friends I can phone as well as my wife Dawn. Not that I am not grateful for your offer, though one drawback is that I don't have your number.

May I enquire why you made such a suggestion?

Quote: IT David @ January 1 2010, 11:21 PM GMT

Thank you for the offer Old Rocker but if I wished to speak to people I have two or three friends I can phone as well as my wife Dawn. Not that I am not grateful for your offer, though one drawback is that I don't have your number.

May I enquire why you made such a suggestion?

If you need to ask maybe I should phone someone !

I was forced to watch this on Boxing Day, and I agree with what's been said. It was awful, not nearly as funny as they were making it out to be. It does sadden me that people find this sort of carcrash TV entertaining, but there will always be a market for this sort of stuff.

The only part that made me even crack a smile was the end song (not just because the show was almost over), but I get the feeling they may have stolen that idea from somewhere else where it was done much better.

So overall I didn't like it at all, much like Kevin I had to watch several hours of more intellectually challenging comedy to repair the damage to my brain.

Quote: Blenkinsop @ January 1 2010, 10:55 PM GMT

And now I see there are two new loads of shit 'you the public vote 'em off' dance shows coming on. One on BBC and one on Sky. Can they for God's sake not invest some money in decent drama projects instead of this moron-friendly cack!!!

Even worse... Davina is presenting the Sky one.

Are there no other presenters out there?