The Queen's Peach?

Is this an anual urban leg-pull or what?

Quote: Stephen Birch @ December 22 2009, 11:47 AM GMT

Is this an anual urban leg-pull or what?

Sorry, you've lost me.

Every sodding Christmas there's a mad rush away from the telly. It's a bit like the races: THEY'RE OFF AND RUNNING. Except in my house it's me mum' shouting: IT'S THE QUEEN'S PEACH, that does the trick. I don't know what's so horrendous about her peach but just the threat of seeing it get's us acting like yuletide lemmings.
Me mum never misses it, though. Stange that?

Quote: Stephen Birch @ December 22 2009, 11:59 AM GMT

Every sodding Christmas there's a mad rush away from the telly. It's a bit like the races: THEY'RE OFF AND RUNNING. Except in my house it's me mum' shouting: IT'S THE QUEEN'S PEACH, that does the trick. I don't know what's so horrendous about her peach but just the threat of seeing it get's us acting like yuletide lemmings.
Me mum never misses it, though. Stange that?

Are you feeling OK, Stephen? Errr

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 22 2009, 12:08 PM GMT

Are you feeling OK, Stephen? Errr

I love how quickly you revert to Doctor-Speak. Maybe you could write him a prescription?

Well he isn't feeling funny...

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 12:10 PM GMT

I love how quickly you revert to Doctor-Speak. Maybe you could write him a prescription?

A therapeutic dose of hilarity, to be taken three times a day! (Lay off the BCG for a while.)

Me? Alright? Why? Have you never had the TV on on Christmas day? They even broadcast the Queen's Peach in Queen's Land, Aust. I know, I was there.

Quote: Stephen Birch @ December 22 2009, 12:19 PM GMT

Me? Alright? Why? Have you never had the TV on on Christmas day? They even broadcast the Queen's Peach in Queen's Land, Aust. I know, I was there.

Ah... just Googled 'The Queen's Peach', the top result made it all clear...

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/16179#P565795

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 22 2009, 12:18 PM GMT

A therapeutic dose of hilarity, to be taken three times a day! (Lay off the BCG for a while.)

Or you could just take Chipolata as a suppository. You've all thought about it.

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 12:20 PM GMT

Laughing out loud

Quote: Stephen Birch @ December 22 2009, 12:19 PM GMT

It doesn't do anybody any harm and, as you yourself point out, the oldies like it. It's just a tradition. And I think it's great that we get a freeform monologue from the head of state every year. Not many countries can boast that.

I agree, and it's all very well, BUT what about the 'peach', eh? AND why can't it be 'Swords'? Might get a bigger audience with the the Queen's Swords?

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 12:20 PM GMT

*I wouldn't recommend it*

Quote: john lucas 101 @ December 22 2009, 12:34 PM GMT

*I wouldn't recommend it*

You've changed, Lucas.