Status report Page 1,679

F**k random, pre-recorded telemarketing messages, that is all.

In light of this I'd like some questions answered, but only if anyone knows the answers. Is it possible to make Skype calls to a landline? If so what would appear when you dial 1471 to retrieve the number of the last caller?

Quote: PhQnix @ December 22 2009, 9:02 AM GMT

In light of this I'd like some questions answered, but only if anyone knows the answers. Is it possible to make Skype calls to a landline? If so what would appear when you dial 1471 to retrieve the number of the last caller?

I think it is. I believe it comes up as "The caller didn't leave their number" but I can't confirm I'm not on my machine.

Quote: PhQnix @ December 22 2009, 9:02 AM GMT

F**k random, pre-recorded telemarketing messages, that is all.

1. Yes. But they charge for it.
2. Do you mean someone calls you on Skype and you want to retrieve their number or someone calls you *from* Skype on your landline? I've just tried 1471 on Skype and it can't do it (I think it's a special service in the UK, and Skype is international. I'd never heard of the 1471 thing before that Coupling episode.)

HTH. :)

Quote: Finck @ December 22 2009, 9:21 AM GMT

1. Yes. But they charge for it.
2. Do you mean someone calls you on Skype and you want to retrieve their number or someone calls you *from* Skype on your landline? I've just tried 1471 on Skype and it can't do it (I think it's a special service in the UK, and Skype is international. I'd never heard of the 1471 thing before that Coupling episode.)

HTH. :)

I meant if someone called me from Skype on a landline. I do realise that this wouldn't work, but the number which called me twice this morning was 012345678. Googling that shows it is a scam number or a proxy for another number. However, there were also reports that if you tried to 1471 a Skype-call you would be given this number, so I was just checking.

Thanks for your help though, Gav and Finck. :D

How are you both?

Quote: PhQnix @ December 22 2009, 9:57 AM GMT

I meant if someone called me from Skype on a landline. I do realise that this wouldn't work, but the number which called me twice this morning was 012345678. Googling that shows it is a scam number or a proxy for another number. However, there were also reports that if you tried to 1471 a Skype-call you would be given this number, so I was just checking.

Thanks for your help though, Gav and Finck. :D

How are you both?

I'm good man last day in work today. ENTAH! How was your snow hike yesterday mate?

There's only four people in the entire building today. I just met one of the others in the kitchen and showed her where the tea bags are kept.

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 10:12 AM GMT

There's only four people in the entire building today. I just met one of the others in the kitchen and showed her where the tea bags are kept.

Is that a euphemism?

Quote: Gavin @ December 22 2009, 10:13 AM GMT

Is that a euphemism?

Not yet. But by the end of the day it will be. ;)

Hang about, she's in her sixties! Errr

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 10:14 AM GMT

Hang about, she's in her sixties! Errr

And.....?

Quote: chipolata @ December 22 2009, 10:14 AM GMT

Hang about, she's in her sixties!

Just put in a few solid hours of flirting and you could be in her sixties!!

(That makes no sense, yes)

Sex-tease.

That's basic punning 101 Paduwannabe.

Quote: sootyj @ December 22 2009, 10:24 AM GMT

Sex-tease.

That's basic punning 101 Paduwannabe.

He's got The Chapman Pun handbook and he's running it step by step.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 22 2009, 10:22 AM GMT

Just put in a few solid hours of flirting and you could be in her sixties!!

(That makes no sense, yes)

I'll get your coat.

Quote: Gavin @ December 22 2009, 10:07 AM GMT

I'm good man last day in work today. ENTAH! How was your snow hike yesterday mate?

Yay for last days! It was fun! We went sliding down the hills on the way to the train station. :D

Quote: PhQnix @ December 22 2009, 10:30 AM GMT

Yay for last days! It was fun! We went sliding down the hills on the way to the train station. :D

Careful there.