Things I don't understand...

BUYING autographed photos... WTF?!

I'm guessing we have some fans of that on here, can you tell me why you would do this?

I always thought the idea of an autograph was to prove that you met that person??

I'll understand a rare autograph of a dead celebrity. But today I saw a collection on a market stall full of people like Jimmy White, Pat Butcher, Some football players, etc.

WHY?

:D

I think it would be pretty cool to get a celeb to sign an ironic item, e.g. if you could get Liam Gallagher to sign the cover of a Blur album, or get Jennifer Anniston to sign a DVD of the film Mr and Mrs Smith, starring Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Obviously you'd have to trick them into signing them, and get a photo of them doing it if possible, so you could prove it's authenticity, if you wanted to sell it on ebay.

I can appreciate the reasoning behind asking for an autograph. But buying one out of a shop is the odd thing to me.

So many autographs on eBay and elsewhere are fakes that I'd never pay money for an signed item. Many of the signatures are obvious, poor forgeries and it's even better when you find something like an album autographed by Keith Moon that was released after his death.

Quote: DaButt @ December 19 2009, 2:34 PM GMT

So many autographs on eBay and elsewhere are fakes

Is a fake autograph any worse than a real one, if no-one can tell (or no-one ever finds out) the difference? I can't see that it matters who scribbles on a photo, unless it affects the resale value.

Quote: Nogget @ December 19 2009, 2:43 PM GMT

Is a fake autograph any worse than a real one, if no-one can tell?

Where's my signed Lennon bootlegs? I sent you the money ages ago. :(

And where's my signed Lenin boots? Angry

ThE Evening Standard auctioned off a half hour Skype conversation with Courtney Cox and David Arquette. How sad is that?

It went for over a grand.

But what Sootyj doesn't get. Is where do babies come from?

Having brought up two of them, I can confirm it's "from Hell".

Quote: Nogget @ December 19 2009, 4:35 PM GMT

Having brought up two of them, I can confirm it's "from Hell".

I concur with this post.

I once got Nicole Kidman to sign my penis. She could only get 'Nic' on it though. Shame really Eh?

Quote: roscoff @ December 19 2009, 4:43 PM GMT

I once got Nicole Kidman to sign my penis. She could only get 'Nic' on it though.

I'm not surprised she only wrote 'Nic' on your dick.

The 'ole' is reserved for Keith Urban's.

I concur with this post.

I once got Nicole Kidman to sign my penis. She could only get 'Nic' on it though. Shame really Eh?

You lying swine it was Jim Davidson, he wrote the other nic on your bottom.

Quote: sootyj @ December 19 2009, 6:07 PM GMT

You lying swine it was Jim Davidson, he wrote the other nic on your bottom.

Laughing out loud

I concur with this post.

If she hadn't been in so much of a hurry she might have been able to write 'nickelodeon hits of the 1940s'

Fakes are everywhere, there's a dodgy shop near me selling football signatures, all well and good, and it even tells you it will come with a certificate of authenticity.

The certificate looks like it's been printed off in the back with a monkey who can barely use power point - then they charge you £150.