Other People - C4 2007 Comedy Showcase Page 3

Was just ok, not as good as I'd expected. Now, the major thing to come out of it...was the autograph hunter played bY Siobhan Finneran the same woman who "is" Mrs. Armstrong in The Armstrongs?

Darn... I missed it. Is it being repeated anywhere?

Quote: Darren Goldsmith @ October 8, 2007, 10:39 AM

Darn... I missed it. Is it being repeated anywhere?

There's no immediate TV repeat planned but it is free on 4oD Darren. To find it you have to search for 'Comedy Showcase' rather than 'Other People' though.

I thought it was very Extras-ish in the sense that you have this one guy who is barely famous and has to cope with the idiots around him. It was indeed very good, and i can see it translating into a series very well.

This week's show, I think, is set in the 1800's Errr Already thinking how can they make that into a series people would watch.

Quote: Mark @ October 8, 2007, 11:09 AM

There's no immediate TV repeat planned but it is free on 4oD Darren. To find it you have to search for 'Comedy Showcase' rather than 'Other People' though.

Thanks Mark!

Quote: David H @ October 9, 2007, 11:28 AM

This week's show, I think, is set in the 1800's Errr Already thinking how can they make that into a series people would watch.

The advert made it seem remarkably unfunny but the writers are clearly talented so I will give it a chance.

Yes, I'm put off by the setting, but the cast is :D

Quote: David H @ October 9, 2007, 11:28 AM

We've got a brief guide to Ladies and Gentlemen here

It remains to be seen whether or not it is funny but, as has been said above, the cast and writers are top notch.

I haven't been overly impressed with any of this series at all, and episode three was the worst yet. The wedding scene in the trailer looked fun, but it turned out to be one of several short fantasy sequences stylistically unrelated to the rest of the narrative. The episode ultimately came accross as a very poor imitation of The Worst Week of My Life.