Live At The Apollo - Series 5

This seems to have gone under the radar, but the new series of Live At The Apollo starts next Friday. The first episode features Jason Manford and Michael McIntyre.

Confirmed guests for the series are as follows:

1 Jason Manford, Michael McIntyre (04 Dec 2009)
2 Alistair McGowan, Reginald D Hunter & Kevin Bridges (TBA)
3 Rob Brydon, Sarah Millican & Jason Byrne (TBA)
4 Al Murray, Chris Addison & Tim Vine (TBA)
5 Ed Byrne, Adam Hills & Gina Yashere (TBA)
6 Rhod Gilbert & John Bishop (TBA)

Quote: Joey Moose @ November 29 2009, 12:03 AM GMT

Confirmed guests for the series are as follows:

1 Jason Manford, Michael McIntyre (04 Dec 2009)
2 Alistair McGowan, Reginald D Hunter & Kevin Bridges (TBA)
3 Rob Brydon, Sarah Millican & Jason Byrne (TBA)

Yay! Sarah Millican!

Quote: Joey Moose @ November 29 2009, 12:03 AM GMT

4 Al Murray, Chris Addison & Tim Vine (TBA)
5 Ed Byrne, Adam Hills & Gina Yashere (TBA)

Ewww... Gina Yashere

Now now, maybe she'll have some material that doesn't sound like a mic put to a slanging match on a playground.

Quote: Gelgoog @ November 29 2009, 11:52 AM GMT

Now now, maybe she'll have some material that doesn't sound like a mic put to a slanging match on a playground.

Laughing out loud

Had the grave misfortune to sit through the entire half hour of this last Friday night.

Manford and McIntyre.

It's like the last thirty years of comedy never happened. I actually find this kind of bland bullshit quite offensive. Horibble, shamleless, pedestrian observational 'comedy'.

And an audience of 'celebs' to boot. Lee Dixon. He's a top celeb is he?

The whole enterprise is just f**king pathetic.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ November 27 2009, 8:08 AM GMT

Jason Manford and Michael McIntyre.

I saw this. It was dull. Also, hasn't McIntyre JUST had his own stand up show, which was basically exactly the same as this show, go out? So perhaps it would have been a good idea to feature a different comic for the opening episode at least?? Or am I being silly? This really was boring. Manford is especially dreary, I suppose at the very least McIntyre delviers his set with a bit of zip.

I think they should book Simon Munnery for next year. Simon Munnery and Gina Yashere in the same episode. *snigger*

Quote: Matthew Stott @ December 7 2009, 1:41 PM GMT

I saw this. It was dull. Also, hasn't McIntyre JUST had his own stand up show, which was basically exactly the same as this show, go out? So perhaps it would have been a good idea to feature a different comic for the opening episode at least?? Or am I being silly? This really was boring. Manford is especially dreary, I suppose at the very least McIntyre delviers his set with a bit of zip.

I'd give him a bit of f**king zip!

I think they should book Simon Munnery for next year. Simon Munnery and Gina Yashere in the same episode. *snigger*

Yeah. Let's see whatserface from Big Brother and the other celebs deal with that!

I'd be very happy to see Simon Munnery revive Alan Parker Urban Warrior or The League Against Tedium ("Attention Scum!") for an audience consisting of BB contestants and Hollyoaks actors. :)

Have things really got so bad in this country that Manford can announce he's had a sprog and a British audience gives him a round of applause? (And licence to do five very ropey minutes on babies.) Angry

This is what happens when the Daily Mail, Daily Express and other "moral guardians" get their way, comedy has it's teeth pulled and a muzzle fitted, dully, dreary, but above all, safe "comedy" which will offend no-one.

I suppose at the very least McIntyre delviers his set with a bit of zip.

He's like trousers, there's certainly a bit of zip, but behind that is just a load of cock.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ December 8 2009, 9:53 AM GMT

offend no-one.

It offends me!

I saw this. It was dull. Also, hasn't McIntyre JUST had his own stand up show, which was basically exactly the same as this show, go out?

Yeah, he has just had his own show, but I guess they wanted to launch the series with a big draw and, lets face it, Michael McIntyre is the biggest stand-up in the country right now, and really popular with the masses.

I actually thought his wine routine was great... but I guess if you've seen his Hello Wembley DVD already, it probably is old material.

Quote: dannyjb1 @ November 29 2009, 9:24 AM GMT

Yay! Sarah Millican!

Sarah Millican was v. good! She's got a nice way about her and I totally related to her material, especially the 'lady bits' bits.

She was very funny. All of them were this week. Loved Jason's knee falling off. Laughing out loud