The Royle Family Christmas 2009

Saw an ad for BBC comedy at Christmas with a little clip of the Royles, anyone know anything?

Yes - they're doing one.

Kept that quiet

Christmas Day, 9pm, BBC One.

Don't go overboard on the details will you!

Alright alright! Stroppy madam. ;)

There's a new buzz in the Royle Family household as it is a special time for Jim and Barbara and a celebration (including Twiglets and scotch eggs) is planned.

Jim and Barbara have received the gift of money from their loving children but what to do with it? Barbara wants to go abroad for the first time, having only been away once on their honeymoon to Ormskirk. Will Jim persuade Barbara that a satellite HD box is a more appropriate way of spending their children's generous gift? Tension mounts, a family discussion ensues and the question is: Where will they go? Down to the shops as Jim suggests or on Barbara's dream holiday to the Bermuda Triangle?

The Royle Family – The Golden Eggcup stars Caroline Aherne as Denise Best, Craig Cash as Dave Best, Ricky Tomlinson as Jim Royle, Sue Johnston as Barbara Royle, Ralf Little as Anthony Royle, Jessica Hynes as Cheryl Carroll and Peter Martin as Joe Carroll.

I'll be watching BBC 2 then, or hopefully a new DVD, even ;)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ December 3 2009, 9:52 PM GMT

I'll be watching BBC 2 then, or hopefully a new DVD, even ;)

That'll be Top Gear - after Dad's Army and The Black Adder at 8 and 8:30.

Something called Oz and Hugh Drink to Christmas at 10pm ... wonder if that'll be the excellent Mr Dennis?

Anyway, back to the Royles.

Hmm. Only just spotted that there's another new episode this year.

*Prays to God that it's better than the dross of last year's cack*

BTW I LOVE the Royle Family but nearly had to go into therapy last year. At least the snippet in Comic Relief looked more hopeful.

*Crosses fingers*

The trailers for this look odd; it's very weird seeing The Royles outside of their normal setting.

That thing in the car is the most annoying trailer of this Christmas.