QI - Series G Page 3

Quote: Badge @ November 26 2009, 11:42 PM GMT

Okay... I'm going to brave it and say it. Isn't QI almost insufferably smug and up itself?

Yes, but it's allowed to be! :)

I think a TV show which is all about being clever and explaining things most people have got wrong cannot help but be smug. But as Ellie says, it is allowed to be.

Is there definitely no longer version as a repeat (QI XL). I'm guessing no cos I can't find it anywhere in the Radio Times

It was great to see it back! I bet they get a few letters about the bee-killing stuff though. David Mitchell fell a little bit flat a few times IMO. I don't know if it's just me, but I always think he doesn't quite succeed on QI. Maybe trying too hard to impress Stephen? :P

Quote: Moonstone @ November 27 2009, 5:04 PM GMT

Maybe trying too hard to impress Stephen? :P

I just got a rather disturbing image in my head of David Owen stroking a fawning David Steele, in Spitting Image puppets.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 27 2009, 5:09 PM GMT

I just got a rather disturbing image in my head of David Owen stroking a fawning David Steele, in Spitting Image puppets.

That's not my fault! You can't blame that on me :D
At least they never had the chance to make a Cameron puppet!

It's sad when a show goes downhill.

Quote: Aaron @ November 28 2009, 3:59 PM GMT

It's sad when a show goes downhill.

Like "Ski Sunday"?

Quote: Stuart Collie @ November 27 2009, 3:32 PM GMT

Is there definitely no longer version as a repeat (QI XL). I'm guessing no cos I can't find it anywhere in the Radio Times

Does anyone know yet?

Quote: Tony Cowards @ November 28 2009, 4:38 PM GMT

Like "Ski Sunday"?

No, like "QI".

Quote: Liëka @ November 28 2009, 4:57 PM GMT

Does anyone know yet?

Yes, extended repeats have been made, but because of the current scheduling they are not yet being broadcast. They will be shown again beginning 2010.

Also, in other QI news, as of next year the series will be shown in New Zealand on "Prime" (Source).

Who was the terribly unfunny greasy-looking American chap?

Quote: Aaron @ December 3 2009, 10:00 PM GMT

Who was the terribly unfunny greasy-looking American chap?

...who won because he hardly said anything?

I tuned in half way through... seriously who the frig was that guy?