Favourite One Foot In The Grave episode Page 2

Quote: david carmon @ November 26 2009, 9:01 AM GMT

Omg I have a picture! At last.

IIIIiiiiiiii don't believe it!

Damn! Damn! Damn! I missed a good one there!

Quote: david carmon @ November 26 2009, 9:51 AM GMT

Damn! Damn! Damn! I missed a good one there!

Give it a couple of posts and do it again. Nobody'll notice.

As it happens, I've been watching OFITG for a few months. Am down to the last series. Amazingly consistent quality.

I always enjoy it. The only one I didn't like much was the episode when Victor and Margaret are in a waiting room. Was Oh and Kay but a bit boring.

Love and Death

The Beast in the Cage

'The Affair of the Hollow Lady'. The waxworks of Mrs Warboys was brilliant.

Quote: James Cotter @ November 29 2009, 1:30 PM GMT

The Beast in the Cage

Good choice! Eric Idle's garage mechanics choir, the businessman and the tarts, the bloody freeze-dried wasp...a classic.

The Beast in the Cage is definitely a classic.

Oddly enough, I'm probably the only one here who hasn't seen all the episodes.

I guess I was too busy going out getting wrecked in the 90s.

Which brings me on to a question...

Every time One Foot is shown on those "100 Greatest" type shows, the two clips they always show are:

1) Victor descovering a Citreon Thingy in his skip with a mattress in it.

and probably the funniest reveal clip ever:

2) Mrs Warboys tells Victor there's been an accident and then we cut to the bedroom where the lamp post is protruding through the window.

Now, the question...

Which two episodes (and which series') do these two clips appear????

I'm currently working my way through the DVDs series by series, but haven't got that far yet.

The epiuode with the citroen is 'The Worst Horror Of All' from series 3 and the episode with the streetlamp accident is 'Warm Champagne' from series 4

Warm Champagne is probably the best episode ever made and I own every single episode.

That old woman in bed with Victor and Margaret coming home is probably the funniest thing I've ever seen.

How the hell they kept a straight face when recording it, I don't know.

There is a notably enjoyable episode where Victor becomes a ventriloquist. It was a smidgen dark but I can't deny that laughter was had.

That's strange. I've seen Warm Champagne, (wasn't that the one where Patrick is writing a diary on his computer?) but can't remember the street lamp scene being in it.

I'm working my way through the boxset now. It's so good!

A couple of favourite bits are...

when Mrs Warboys is telling Margaret how depressed she is while Victor is listening to a comedy CD - He keeps laughing at the most inappropriate moment (so well timed)

When Victor and Mrs Worboys get their feet stuck in a bag of cement

The Christmas special with Peter Cook was amazing too.

So many other great moments.

I've now changed my mind from Love & Death, my favourite at the minute is 'The Wisdom of the Witch'