It's Only A Theory Page 4

Quote: simon davis @ November 17 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

Just watched a bit of It's Only A Theory, and turned over in disgust. The topic was about the demise of bee's in the world - actually a very serious topic, and completely missing the point to COMPARE it to global warming!!? I think Andy Hamilton is a very insecure rather obnoxious man who tries to be funny at every turn - bit like David Baddiel at his worst.

Andy "lets turn a serious topic fronted by a GENUINE real expert into a laugh" Hamilton and just like a gameshow, with his mate on his right vote it out!!... OF COURSE we're in the age of big brother, Peter Andre and Jordan, and people who can't sing but make it anyway. This programme gives the impression from the write up of being interesting, but subtly follows the latter trivia in spirit. I have no problem with comedy whatsoever, but banalising and patronising global issues is pathetic... lets just laugh at anything and everything shall we - lest someone somewhere might think were uptight!!

I daresay, the experts, who are almost without exception experienced media hands, knew what they had signed up for. They do not do a bad job of holding their own.

I also rather suspect the Hamilton's concept for the show was rather sidetracked as it went through the commissioning process. His comedy track record shows him to be a thoughtful man, which is not incompatible with being amusing.

Quote: simon davis @ November 17 2009, 10:47 PM GMT

lets just laugh at anything and everything shall we - lest someone somewhere might think were uptight!!

OK then - if you insist! :)