Miranda - Series 1 Page 23

Tonight's episode was great fun. Lots of laughs. Loved it.

Quote: johnny smith @ November 23 2009, 9:01 PM GMT

Lab Rats didn't have the energy or enthusiasm - it was just so piss poor.

See what I mean?

Another good episode which makes up for last week. While 2 was still good, it didn't best 1 or 3.

There is a fair but of language which I'm surprised makes an 8:30 show but it's still great despite that.

Sally Phillips was in this weeks show but Katy Wix wasn't. Then again she hardly said anything in episode 1. Nice to see Sally back after last weeks absence.

I liked all of Miranda's singing routines this week too.

Out of a sense of critical clarity, I agreed to watch this again; my lord that was garbage, and I'll tell you why -

1) Old fashioned, yet completely charmless.
2) Desperately unfunny.
3) Hart is an awful ghoul of a presence.

Stop watching it jim.
For our sake, not yours.

Quote: jim field @ November 23 2009, 9:48 PM GMT

Out of a sense of critical clarity, I agreed to watch this again;

Laughing out loud

Can we have a guess at your reasons for watching next week too? I must say jim, you are a very 'agreeable' man.

As usual, I found the show to be fun, silly and charming. And as usual, my favourite bit of the show is when Miranda does her asides to camera. Whenever she is going to lie / sing / do something stupid, she looks into camera with that same 'Why?' face and it always cracks me up.

Another great episode, I loved when she started singing during the interview, The bit where she was trying to cancel the membership at the gym with the barking mad threats and when she threatened to wee in the ball pool and the guy walked in was hilarious.

Again, it does seem that it was meant for a later slot but I think should it get a second series, they'll move it to 9.

She does fall over a lot doesn't she!

Poo balls was rather amusing.

Quote: zooo @ November 23 2009, 10:46 PM GMT

Poo balls was rather amusing.

Has Tigger got them too?

Noo.

Storybook characters aren't allowed to have rude bits.

Apologies to anyone that likes this, but I'm afraid I've yet to see the appeal. I've watched 3 episodes now, with the thought that perhaps I'm just not 'getting it' and that eventually it will click and I'll realise why people are raving about it. But I don't think that will happen. I just don't find it funny, and I'm struggling to understand why this is being accepted as a good sitcom when to me it isn't.

I understand that different things appeal to different people, but sometimes things just are plain poor, and I would put this, and Lab Rats, in that same category. Sorry to all Miranda fans, this is only my opinion.

Tonight's episode was wonderful. So much of this show is reminiscent of old "variety-style" American sitcoms like "I Love Lucy". It's part physical comedy, part stand-up, and part silliness. I think it's one of the styles that we Americans really got right on television and it's wonderful to see British performers (whom I see as more capable) bring the format back in full-force and making it hilarious!

I think the naysayers of this sitcom really just want it to be be more than what it is: a ridiculous, fun to watch, not serious programme.

I did find it to be getting repetitive, last night - the endless singing bits are getting a bit wearisome - in fact the whole show seems to be made up of bits of filler, but the woman still makes me laugh. I think I'd like it to stick to a storyline in a more conventional way now, because last night it was so all over the place I was feeling seasick by the end. She just about kept me watching, but I hope she's got some new material for the next three! A six episode sitcom can be hard going if the material runs out. Having said that, I didn't really know her before and she has certainly launched herself into my living room with this blatant and garish 'sitcom'. I think SHE has a future even if her sitcom hasn't.

Quote: Aaron @ November 23 2009, 8:13 PM GMT

Yeah, I mean, Spaced? WTF is that all about?

I think that it is necessary to possess a modicum of cool in order to appreciate it.