Dirk Gently

Just a reminder, the new radio production of Girk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency starts on Radio 4 tonight at 6.30pm.

I shall consider this as my good deed for the day.

good day

I'll download it later. :)

The new Dirk Gently on Netflix claims to be based on the original books. There was an original BBC radio production that is no longer shown on the BBC web site that contained this exact story of Dirk's time travel with the men of the machine and the hammer-head shark cat. Seems BBC and Netflix copy pasted the entire radio drama for this new production and didn't credit the original source material (not from the books at all). My friends couldn't believe it as we already knew all the best quotes and the ending before the show aired on Netflix. It would be nice for BBC to stop covering up this interesting fact. Anyone else remember that radio drama featuring the female assassin who is "a leaf in the stream of creation, until she finds who she's looking for and becomes a piranha in the stream of creation"? My friend still has the audio recording of this and playing it while watching the Netflix version is identical in every way. My question is why not credit this radio drama as it is NOT an original script!?

I remember the radio series which were OK for what they were.
A total rewrite of the books.
I saw some of a TV series that bore no resemblance whatsoever to the story.
I watched the Netflix series over Xmas, it was interesting enough for what it was. Nice enough to see any version of it at all. However it had nothing to do with any Dirk Gentley story, it appeared to be something new altogether.

I bought the graphic novel which was supposed to be the start of Dirk's adventures in the US - "The Interconnectedness of All Kings". Pretty bad and nothing like original source material. I hope the Netflix's series isn't based on this.