As Time Goes By Page 2

BTW, I recently brought one disc (off series 3) to my mum... She just sat there for 3 hours (six episodes) without moving in front of TV and then demanded I bring the rest of DVDs as well!

I love the same sitcom that my mom ...(and my wife didn't like it).

Boggles your mind.

Judi Dench's performance in this was simply electritrifying.

Quote: WrongTale @ November 15 2009, 12:02 PM GMT

BTW, I recently brought one disc (off series 3) to my mum... She just sat there for 3 hours (six episodes) without moving in front of TV and then demanded I bring the rest of DVDs as well!

I love the same sitcom that my mom ...(and my wife didn't like it).

Boggles your mind.

:D Takes all sorts I suppose!

(In English, or dubbed/subtitles?)

Inoffensive, amiably twee MOR this show. Good to see Dame Judi and Geoffrey Palmer having a show to pay their mortgage, meaning they can concentrate on some proper acting. Nothing particularly wrong with it, I suppose. Sitcom for people who like carpets a lot. :)

I watch it!!

Have always loved it, even when I was 13 or something.

There are probably lots of younger people who prefer As Time Goes By or Last Of Summer Wine to for example, Little Britain, but don't like to admit it for fear of being ridiculed which is stupid IMO. I love Summer Wine meself, esp any episode with Foggy Compo and Clegg.

Quote: Aaron @ November 15 2009, 1:13 PM GMT

:D Takes all sorts I suppose!

(In English, or dubbed/subtitles?)

I bought the 1-4 series boxset from Amazon.co.uk a while ago. She watched that, and with subtitles - despite the fact that she is teacher of English.

Ha!

Quote: peter gazzard @ November 15 2009, 8:46 PM GMT

There are probably lots of younger people who prefer As Time Goes By or Last Of Summer Wine to for example, Little Britain, but don't like to admit it for fear of being ridiculed which is stupid IMO. I love Summer Wine meself, esp any episode with Foggy Compo and Clegg.

I like As Time Goes By simply to have it on in the background. I wouldn't say I'd watch it for fun, but for the "niceness" everyone else has talked about. Last Of The Summer Wine makes me sad - probably because they're all old guys with no life and no real friends other than each other. And, I hate fake harmonicas and secondly that pervy old guy just bugs me. I'll watch it though for Peter Sallis (in case he says "cheese!" or "toast!").

Compared to current comedy offerings by the Beeb this was brilliantly written and acted. probably not a good comparison though.

Eh?

As Time Goes By - Reunion Specials on DVD. Available Exclusively from Acorn Media UK (not available from any other retailer until 16th July 2012)

Click the link to buy: http://bit.ly/astimereunion

If you have any problems/questions please don't hesitate to drop us a line

Steve (Store Manager - Acorn Media UK)

I love this show. I live vicariously thru them and life seems so uncomplicated!

Quote: AcornMedia @ May 14 2012, 11:09 AM BST

As Time Goes By - Reunion Specials on DVD. Available Exclusively from Acorn Media UK (not available from any other retailer until 16th July 2012)

Click the link to buy: http://bit.ly/astimereunion

If you have any problems/questions please don't hesitate to drop us a line

Steve (Store Manager - Acorn Media UK)

Funny that as I was holding a copy of the Reunion Specials in my hand only days ago, albeit the original DVD of it but still available from other retailers, same thing, different cover.

[h=450168]

and even cheaper at £6.97 ............

See Amazon product listing