Has anybody done this?

Has anybody been tempted to by a box set of a series that they are not all that interested in, but have bought it because it is at a very good price?

A prime example is the new 'Friends' box set which can be bought in ASDA for £37. I've never been a big fan of it, I don't mind watching the odd episode on C4 but I have never been tempted to buy any episodes. Whenever I go into my ASDA I go up the entertainment asile and look at it and think 'there musy be something on there that's worth the price'.(What makes it all-the-more temping is that I really do live within a stone's throw of it).

It's the same with M*A*S*H. Currently in HMV at £50 (down from £200).

Anyone else find themselves in this situation?

Guilty! I bought many DVDs and box sets just because they were cheap. Luckily, I like all of them. :)

Also. I've bought many a series because it's cheap. Although it does have to be something I'm interested in in the first place; I bought numerous Network sets a couple of years back when they were cheap, having never seen the shows before, but they were things like Please Sir! and On The Buses, which I obviously did have an interest in.

Quote: The Rook @ November 3 2009, 6:08 PM GMT

Has anybody been tempted to by a box set of a series that they are not all that interested in, but have bought it because it is at a very good price?

All too often.

If they were cheap enough. But £37 for Friends? I wouldn't get it for £1.

If something's around a tenner I might be tempted - but even then....

Just leave E4 on record for a day, you're bound to collect the whole 9 seasons, twice over.

I buy stuff off Amazon when it's under £5. One golden rule though - I've got to know one of the actors or the writer at least.