Status report Page 1,450

Quote: Aaron @ November 7 2009, 10:18 AM GMT

I am awake. :(

:O

I am awake, too. Moving house today and will be without broadband for at least a week. Teary

3G stick?

Quote: Aaron @ November 7 2009, 11:08 AM GMT

3G stick?

?

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband-devices/usb-modem-stick-topup-and-go

Quote: Aaron @ November 7 2009, 11:27 AM GMT

http://shop.vodafone.co.uk/shop/mobile-broadband-devices/usb-modem-stick-topup-and-go

Ah. Inneresting. Been looking for something like that a few months ago.

But I want a regular broadband connection anyway. So I'll just order that and wait and meanwhile use one of the hopefully many unprotected wifis in the neighbourhood. Can't afford the 35 quid to bridge the gap. The wifi aerial in my lappy is fantastic, have reception where others don't, so I suppose I'll find something.

Good luck. I find that most people seem to know about security now - don't recall the last time I found an unlocked private network. Then again you are in the North, where most people are educationally sub-normal, so maybe you'll have some luck.

The £35 is well worth the spendage if only for traveling - saved me on a number of occasions. But if you can't afford it, I guess that's that for now.

Quote: Leevil @ November 6 2009, 4:31 PM GMT

Kind looks like this:

But less blocky.

Yeah, I get those too, but with frilly edges, normally after a really hard thinking session (like computer programming). I call it a visual migraine, I think it is a sort-of-storm in the visual cortex of the brain, The painful migraines are probably the same thing but in the pain centre of the brain.

My visual migraines usually last about 20 mins; the only sane thing to do is lie down & close eyes & watch the pretty internal patterns.

Or we are in tune with a special frequency being transmitted by extra terrestrial beings?

Did you ever think about that, billwill?

Roo is having a shit day. For a start the latest chapter in her very small romantic life has been closed as far as she is concerned. There is only so many times someone can humiliate themselves before they feel like garbage. Some people just can't be grown up and remember others have feelings.

Second she recieved some bad news about a doggy she was interested in adopting suddenly passed away and it reminded her of her old dog and with so much death this year, Christmas this year is getting very bittersweet.

Console

Quote: Leevil @ November 7 2009, 12:51 PM GMT

Or we are in tune with a special frequency being transmitted by extra terrestrial beings?

Did you ever think about that, billwill?

Ah, they are trying to contact us by telepathy & getting it wrong.

:D

Quote: billwill @ November 7 2009, 12:57 PM GMT

Ah, they are trying to contact us by telepathy & getting it wrong.

:D

They didn't set up their router right, and only try at peak time which is just silly.

Am gonna go lie down for a while. Hopefully feel better.

Quote: Aaron @ November 7 2009, 11:45 AM GMT

I find that most people seem to know about security now - don't recall the last time I found an unlocked private network.

I see them, but not as often as before. I think most new routers enable security by default, don't they? I've been thinking about buying a new 802.11n model, but I don't want to live without the awesome Tomato firmware that I've grown to love.