The Unbelievable Truth Page 2

Quote: Lee Henman @ October 27 2009, 12:43 PM BST

Sorry, I'm confused - can people overseas access all the BBC iPlayer features and programmes that we can? Because surely that makes zero sense in terms of overseas DVD sales etc? Or am I being completely stupid and missing the point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brj2UkUPjCI :D

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 27 2009, 12:46 PM BST

Only radio. They cannot access TV (although there are ways to do so).

Ooooo, look at you and your speedy typing! :)

Ah right. I've just looked into it and there are relarively-simple ways for Johnny Foreigner to hijack our TV stuff for free, but I shan't tell. No sir, these firm, British lips are sealed! :)

Quote: Lee Henman @ October 27 2009, 12:43 PM BST

Sorry, I'm confused - can people overseas access all the BBC iPlayer features and programmes that we can? Because surely that makes zero sense in terms of overseas DVD sales etc? Or am I being completely stupid and missing the point?

I used to only be able to listen to the radio stuff. Most people here can't play UK DVD's so the sales can't be that great. I have a player that can, but most don't.Do they put TUT out for purchase?

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 27 2009, 12:46 PM BST

Only radio. They cannot access TV (although there are ways to do so).

It's to do with licence fees. If you don't own a TV in the UK (yeah, right) you obviously don't need to buy a licence. However, you can listen to the radio as no licence is necessary.

I live overseas but have a holiday home in my native UK which I visit about once a year. I still need to buy a full licence even though the place is only occupied for a couple of months.

As Ian has said, there are ways to get around watching iPlayer TV if you live overseas, and as a fully paid up licence fee holder I have no qualms in exploring all avenues Whistling nnocently.

Oh, by the way, I am not terribly happy to be called "Johnny Foreigner".

Quote: Mennah Francis @ October 29 2009, 8:15 PM BST

Jenny Foreigner? :)

Quote: Mennah Francis @ October 29 2009, 7:15 PM GMT

Suck it up, Johnny. Suck it up. :)

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/2712448/Peep-Show-stars-gag-over-Anne-Frank-backfires.html

So, hot on the heels of the Jimmy Carr/Frankie Boyle stories, the Sun is rushing around looking for left-overs in the form of this "outrageous" joke.

Hope the Sun remembers to attack national comic treasure Ricky Gervais for the Anne Frank jokes he made in his 'Animals' stand up show. Plus, of course, probably a hundred or so other comics and shows featuring Anne Frank jokes over the last 20 years.

*tears up list of jokes about the tragic military deaths that occurred during The Charge of the Light Brigade* :(

It was a nice little gag, btw. :)

Someone needs to educate the Sun and any complainees about context and choice of target in what makes a fair joke.

Ridiculous. Still, I do feel safer in my bed knowing the Sun is guarding the moral fabric of this nation.

The Sun must be the most hypocritical thing in the Universe.

Quote: Griff @ November 5 2009, 4:50 PM GMT

I like it when they run their sanctimonious paedo-murdering campaigns next to topless pictures which were probably taken when the girls were 15.

Which was done whilst their editor was a women, no less.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 5 2009, 4:53 PM GMT

Which was done whilst their editor was a women, no less.

Who allowed Ross Kemp to shag her, she clearly hated women or atleast herself.

I like it when they run their sanctimonious paedo-murdering campaigns next to topless pictures which were probably taken when the girls were 15.

Absolutely, and the models are very often dressed up as schoolgirls anyway.

Yeah, like those pictures too, Griff.

I went to see the one with Charlie Brooker, Liza Tarbuck, Susan Calman and Fred MacAulay!! I thought it was really funny!! Look forward to hearing them back! Meeting Liza and David afterwards was a treat too! They were both really friendly, and we had a nice chat! :D