Catherine Tate - Nan's Christmas Carol

From The Sun (not the most reliable newspaper in the world, I know...):

THE BBC is planning a turkey-free Christmas - by bringing back The Royle Family AND The Catherine Tate Show.

(...) Meanwhile, carrot-topped Cath is writing a one-off special of her comedy show - two years after knocking it on the head.

Sadly it won't feature all her catchphrase characters like Lauren the teenager - but who's bovvered?

Instead, it will be a spoof version of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol, with foul-mouthed Nan Taylor playing Scrooge.

She will be visited by the ghosts of Christmas past, present and future.

They will show the potty-mouthed OAP the error of her ways in the hope she'll awake on Christmas morn with a more agreeable turn of phrase.

And a confirmation on Twitter by Mathew Horne:

So I am thrilled to announce I'll be doing a Catherine Tate Show Christmas Special this year! Never thought I'd be doing that again!

It's all Nan. So I'll be getting a battering like the old days!

:)

hmm... wasn't expecting that. surely all the characters must meet up in like... a snow filled black and white special

According to Mathew Horne on Twitter, filming started today. :)

EDIT: More news regarding the cast - Ben Miller is on set today (20 October). :)

That synopsis sounds really good. Looking forward to it much more than I was when we reported news of her return 3 or 4 months ago. Whistling nnocently

Ahhhhhhhhhh I can't wait! exiting times :-)

I'm really looking forward to this as Nan is the only character that I thought was consistently funny. Should be good!

David Tennant is doing The Catherine Tate Christmas special too (confirmed by Ben Miller), apparently playing the ghost of Christmas present (only a rumour at this stage). :)

Oooh. Sounds like it's going to be really good stuff then!

OMG !!

I was there today whilst it was filming,, I have to say its the best show I've seen, a must see when it's on!! The bloopers are sooo funny, Catherine Tate was just top notch!! And OMG wait till you see who the celeb guests were!! I thought I was going to cry at one of them !!

x :D

Christmas Day, 10.30 PM, BBC One! 50 minutes of Nan. :D

Quote: drZee @ December 7 2009, 2:17 PM GMT

Christmas Day, 10.30 PM, BBC One! 50 minutes of Nan. :D

A 50 minute slot on Christmas Day? What a f**king liberty. :(

Strictly Come Dancing gets a whole flipping hour.

*pops into thread to experience the ghostly, eerie silence following tonight's transmission* Cool

*tumbleweed blows by*

Ha! It wasn't bad.
I liked David Tennant's gay Russell Brand thing.

As I said elsewhere, Mother demanded it be turned off after five shit-looking minutes. Once they'd made the Tiny Tim gag about the dog, the order was carried out.