Viz Comic Page 6

And of course profanisaurus. I love the little pastiches they do of Jennings and stuff.

Isn't it nice when we all agree on something?

The healing power of Viz !

:)

Quote: sootyj @ November 2 2009, 12:10 AM GMT

And of course profanisaurus.

One I often recall, BOBFOC

Body Off Baywatch, Face Off Crimewatch !

Anyone remember The Diary Of Samual L Pepys where Samuel L Jackson played the eponymous diarist? Very, very clever stuff and totally hilarious.

Has anyone mentioned Student Grant yet?

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 1 2009, 11:41 PM GMT

Once I got into them I liked quite a lot of the 'Jack Black' mysteries. And the Drunken Bakers is wonderful in its own strange way. Student Grant was good when it started, as was Cockney Wanker.

;)

Anyone read the strips: 'The Hunch Back Of Notre Dame's Got Talent.' And a little further back 'Miniature Granddad.' Genious. If you grew up with Viz, Chris Donald's semi autobiographical book: 'Rude Kids' is an excellent read. If you didn't. It's probably rubbish. I had this article published by Viz at the height of the bird flu media storm:

PANDEMIC PANDEMONIUM PREDICTED

Experts warned that another flu pandemic could be predicted within the nest five years. Many predictionists warned that the next prediction could be even worse than the recent prediction with as twice the number of people predicted to die. "It's not a case of if there will be another prediction but when," an expert predicted.

Prescient or what.

Quote: Griff @ November 2 2009, 12:00 AM GMT

I loved "How A Railway Station Works"... "Despite funding the entire operation, the Passenger is the least important person on the Station".

"...Especially if it's run by First Great f**king Western."

Quote: Simon B @ November 2 2009, 10:07 AM GMT

Experts warned that another flu pandemic could be predicted within the nest five years. Many predictionists warned that the next prediction could be even worse than the recent prediction with as twice the number of people predicted to die. "It's not a case of if there will be another prediction but when," an expert predicted.

Prescient or what.

Very good :D

My favourite short piece recently was the one about Richard Fairbrass being too sexy for the lease on his flat. Perfect in just about every way.

Quote: Simon B @ November 2 2009, 10:07 AM GMT

Anyone read the strips: 'The Hunch Back Of Notre Dame's Got Talent.' And a little further back 'Miniature Granddad.' Genious. If you grew up with Viz, Chris Donald's semi autobiographical book: 'Rude Kids' is an excellent read. If you didn't. It's probably rubbish. I had this article published by Viz at the height of the bird flu media storm:

Prescient or what.

How much did they pay you for that?

I remember reading a few Viz compilations and almost crying with laughter. I was 15 though.

Quote: catskillz @ November 2 2009, 3:29 PM GMT

How much did they pay you for that?

£25. It was my first writing cheque so I framed it.

Quote: Simon B @ November 2 2009, 3:46 PM GMT

£25. It was my first writing cheque so I framed it.

I was looking forward to framing my first proper writing cheque, but they paid me direct via the PACS system. Framing the receipt/invoice doesn't really seem the same. :(

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 2 2009, 3:48 PM GMT

I was looking forward to framing my first proper writing cheque, but they paid me direct via the PACS system. Framing the receipt/invoice doesn't really seem the same. :(

I kept the invoice too, someone suggested framing it, but to be honest it's pretty ugly bit of paper. :)

Quote: Griff @ November 2 2009, 4:01 PM GMT

I've got a photocopy of my first writing cheque, for a short story I sold for £250.00 in 1995. How I looked forward to a life of profitable writing. As it turned out, the next one (not counting day job stuff) was for about £20.00 the following year, and the one after that was about £10.00 for a NewsRevue sketch about Ruth Kelly in 2007.

Did you photocopy Ruth Kelly ?

Atleast you didn't fax her.