QI - Series G

The seventh series of QI, covering everything quite interesting beginning with "G", will start on Thursday 26th November, at 9.30pm. Five of the sixteen episodes will be broadcast in 2009, the other eleven in 2010.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/qi/episodes/7/

Woohoo! About time. :D Thanks Mr Wolf.

Sixteen episodes? Lovely. :)

Oooooh, David Tennant!

Quote: JuliaC @ October 27 2009, 10:33 PM BST

Sixteen episodes? Lovely. :)

That's what I thought! Bring it on! Would love it if they did this from here on in.

Indeed. However, it should be pointed out that the order of episodes is still not known, and we don't know as of yet if the extended repeats will continued.

What Ian actually means is:

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 27 2009, 9:58 PM BST

The seventh series of QI, covering everything quite interesting beginning with "G", will start on BBC One on Thursday 26th November, at 9.30pm, then the following Thursday at 9:35pm, then the following Wednesday at 10:05pm, then six weeks later on a Monday at 11:25pm, then the preceding Sunday at 8:55pm, then three weeks later at 11:25pm, then it'll be taken off air for six months due to 'bizarrely low' viewing figures and the rest of the series will return on BBC2 on Fridays at 10pm, where it will stay to the end of the series.

Dan

Quote: swerytd @ October 28 2009, 11:23 AM BST

What Ian actually means is:

Actually, the plan is to broadcast the first five episodes (the 2009 ones) on Thursdays at 9.30, and the other eleven (the 2010 ones) on Fridays at 8.30. It seems odd to me to broadcast the show before the watershed.

According to Broadcast, the plan appears to be a ratings battle between QI and one other show against The Bill. At the moment, the show going up against The Bill is New Tricks.

Ooh, QI pre-watershed! Think that's an excellent idea. It's a programme the whole family should watch. Give "der kidz" a taste for acquiring knowledge. Possibly. :)

They should remove the quiz format completely and just have Stephen Fry sat by a log fire, wearing only a smoking jacket, with a pipe in one hand and a QI Encyclopedia in the other.

Half way through, have someone like Alan Davies or Bill Bailey enter, discuss one of the QI facts, make a humourous comment and leave.

At the end, as the credits roll, the invited guest from earlier should return, and wrestle Stephen in front of the fire place Women In Love style.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Leevil @ October 28 2009, 1:44 PM BST

At the end, as the credits roll, the invited guest from earlier should return, and wrestle Stephen in front of the fire place Women In Love style.

Oh, the images... Pleased

Quote: Leevil @ October 28 2009, 1:44 PM BST

That's actually part of the DVD extras.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 28 2009, 3:20 PM BST

That's actually part of the DVD extras.

Unlikely, only the first three series have come out. I'm trying to get the others out as well using a petition. It currently has over 400 signatures.

Excellent! I've been looking forward to fresh QI blood. Pleased

Quote: Ian Wolf @ October 28 2009, 3:22 PM BST

Unlikely, only the first three series have come out. I'm trying to get the others out as well using a petition. It currently has over 400 signatures.

Where is it Ian? I'll sign it.