Viz Comic Page 4

I enjoy nothing more than taking a dump at my mates house. For he has a copy of Rogers Profanisaurus: The Magna Farta.

One I read last week was the definition of a Frodo - An annoying little turd who won't let go of the ring.

I've looking for a Life on Mars spoof Viz did called Time Travel Sweeney in which Regan and Carter are cashing Jack the Ripper. If anyone knows which edition this is I would be grateful.

Issue 139 had The Time Sweeney.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 25 2009, 12:05 AM BST

I haven't bought it for a while, but I used to get it every month.
Is it a bit underrated, or overrated?

My favourites (apart from the letters) were probably Roger Mellie, Billy the Fish & the Fat Slags.

It's exactly the same as it was 10, 20 years ago. Which is either a good or a bad thing, depending on whether you like to see the same joke repeated infinitely.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 26 2009, 2:13 PM BST

It's exactly the same as it was 10, 20 years ago. Which is either a good or a bad thing, depending on whether you like to see the same joke repeated infinitely.

It is repetitive, but then so are many posts around here, and I still keep coming back for more. :)

Quote: john lucas 101 @ October 26 2009, 2:13 PM BST

It's exactly the same as it was 10, 20 years ago.

No it's not! There are loads more ads (genuine ads) in it theseadays, which is rather annoying - as it loses that cheaply produced anarchic non-commercial vibe. Also, there are occasional new strips, by new artists, that aren't very funny.

From the 30th anniversary edition of Viz....

'Notes & Swearies with Professor Bernard F**k.

Dear Professor F**k,

Please can you confirm whether the correct spelling is "bell end" (two words), "bell-end" (with a hyphen) or the single word "bellend"? Only I need to finish this email I'm sending to Michael McIntyre.

Matt McCann
vis email

THIS IS probably the question I am asked most often. I must receive this query from people who are writing to Michael McIntyre a dozen times every day - even more often when his Comedy Roadshow programme was on the television and, a couple of months ago, about three-hundred times in a single twenty-minute period following his appearance as the "star in the reasonably-priced car" on Top Gear.

The correct spelling is the two word version "bell end", but the alternative forms you posit are also perfectly acceptable usage in emails to Michael McIntyre.'

:)

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 28 2009, 12:32 AM BST

From the 30th anniversary edition of Viz....

'Notes & Swearies with Professor Bernard F**k.

Dear Professor F**k,

Please can you confirm whether the correct spelling is "bell end" (two words), "bell-end" (with a hyphen) or the single word "bellend"? Only I need to finish this email I'm sending to Michael McIntyre.

Matt McCann
vis email

THIS IS probably the question I am asked most often. I must receive this query from people who are writing to Michael McIntyre a dozen times every day - even more often when his Comedy Roadshow programme was on the television and, a couple of months ago, about three-hundred times in a single twenty-minute period following his appearance as the "star in the reasonably-priced car" on Top Gear.

The correct spelling is the two word version "bell end", but the alternative forms you posit are also perfectly acceptable usage in emails to Michael McIntyre.'

:)

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

Or to reduce keystrokes and thus your carbon footprint . . dick

I read it every month, as a friend of mine gets it when it comes out. I find that in each issue, there is one absolute gem, some mediocre sketches, but the rest are just not funny and charmless corn in my opinion. My mate actually annoys me with it, he says 'Oh Jack, you've got to read this, you'll piss yourself' and I read it (a full page) and get the very basic punch line and not laugh at all. However, I do love Mr Logic and really liked Copper Kettle, the PC who loves his PG. And many times I have laughed out loud, such as at this classic letter that once appeared in it: https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/13094

Just looking at this 30 year celebration isssue. Victorian Dad, Mrs Brady and Gilbert Ratchet were really good and the letters/top tips had their usual share of gems. But the overall quality was disappointing.

Here's my line-up for a piss-inducingly funny issue of Viz. 8 Ace, Sid The Sexist, Fru T Bunn, The Fat Slags, Suicidal Syd, Mrs Brady and Spoilt Bastard. That would make sweeping up all the ads that fall out worthwhile. :D

My issue would have Spoilt Bastard, Sid the Sexist, Fru T Bun, Cockney Wanker, The Critics, The Modern Parents, Farmer Palmer, 8 Ace, Roger Mellie and that spotty anal bloke who knows everything. Never seen one with all those in together yet, so I doubt I ever will.

Viz makes me laugh, which is pretty rare for any comic.

Some of the newer stories have been great and drunk bakers are just sublime. Finbarr is ace if only for the effort that goes into it.
Oh and Jack Black is just a note perfect pastiche.

I also love how I've found it in the homes of teachers, lawyers, professors, a judge etc.

Quote: sootyj @ November 1 2009, 11:08 AM BST

I also love how I've found it in the homes of teachers, lawyers, professors, a judge etc.

Whilst burgling them? Wouldn't advertise that fact on the internet.

Quote: Tim Walker @ November 1 2009, 11:14 AM BST

Whilst burgling them? Wouldn't advertise that fact on the internet.

F**king them thank you very much.

Yo mamma still owes me.