Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 4

Here a preview clip of tomorrow's episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gGwFWLeUc0

Looking forward to next weeks show with Frank Skinner hosting, for some reason it's on Wednesday instead.

Tonight's episode? Whitehall wasn't too bad, but maybe that's because I thought he'd be awful.

This episode needed more Mangan. He wasn't as involved as I'd have liked.

Also sidepoint: I've just Googled him, and Jack Whitehall was born in 1988?! He is actually the right age to have liked the S Club Juniors, my sister was born in 1989 and I was born in 1987, and she was a Juniors fan, and I was an S Club fan.

Quote: miss_jaffacake @ October 22 2009, 10:10 PM BST

Also sidepoint: I've just Googled him, and Jack Whitehall was born in 1988?!

1988? Oh my God, I'm older than him!

Oh no! Me too! /:O\

Even Aaron is! :O

Even the Queen is! :O

I was studying for my GCSEs in 1988. :(

Didn't think much of last night's episode, to be perfectly honest. I think Jack Whitehall was trying to do it like Simon, but missed. ...unless that's just what he's always like; I wouldn't know, I've never seen him before.

T'was still worth the watch though, it was still amusing, just not from the host, I guess. Look forward to Skinner next week! Pleased

Quote: Liëka @ October 23 2009, 3:31 PM BST

I think Jack Whitehall was trying to do it like Simon, but missed. ...unless that's just what he's always like; I wouldn't know, I've never seen him before.

I completely agree with this. It was like the writers thought, "oh, here's another young guy from a 'hip' TV show, let's put Simon Amstell's lines into his mouth". I've watched a few things with Jack Whitehall in and I find (and it was my boyfriend who originally pointed this out and I agree with him) that he's not funny when scripted. When he's on panel shows being himself he is very funny, and a few of the comments he made on Buzzcocks off script were also very funny. It's a shame he's a young guy because they seem to have automatically put him in Simon Amstell's shoes and it just doesn't work.

I haven't watched this one yet, but Frank Skinners up next week or the week after, he recorded one last week I think.

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 22 2009, 10:03 PM BST

Looking forward to next weeks show with Frank Skinner hosting, for some reason it's on Wednesday instead.

As I was saying.
Nil told me that Frank Skinner's on soon.
:D

:D

Jack Whitehall was OK, only ever seen him on Would I Lie To You? before and he was OK on that. Still not as good as Rhod Gilbert the other week though.

However, I thought Noel got more involved this time and was on top form. :D
Very funny episode all round.