Invasion of the DVD box sets.

It's that time of year again when the flood-doors open to a torrent of DVD box sets from your local neighbourhood entertainment store. How do others see this time of year because it causes one hell of a dent in my overdraft. I have just pre-ordered the complete series of All Creatures Great and Small and I'm hovering over Hi-De-Hi collection. Anyone else have their eyes on something?

So, so many things. Trying very hard to resist. After Henry, 'Allo 'Allo!, Hi-De-Hi!... And plenty of single releases of course.

*drools*

https://www.comedy.co.uk/shop/coming_soon/

Plenty of good stand up comedy releases too. Looks like I know what my pay is going on next month.

Quote: Magnus D @ October 20 2009, 1:17 PM BST

Looks like I know what my pay is going on next month.

It hurts knowing that the raw materials in a DVD cost about 5p. It also hurts seeing the Key To Time (Season 16 of Doctor Who) boxset suddenly discounted by $40, three months after I bought it at full price.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 20 2009, 1:26 PM BST

It hurts knowing that the raw materials in a DVD cost about 5p. It also hurts seeing the Key To Time (Season 16 of Doctor Who) boxset suddenly discounted by $40, three months after I bought it at full price.

Ahh, now you see that this is the problem. I've been waiting for All Creatures Great and Small to be released as a complete collection for years. With my student discount of 5% off I can get it for £90 rather than the £95 as advertised on Amazon. As much as I want it I don't want to get in on its release date and then put it aside to watch at a later date, only for when that date comes around to find it has dropped in price. This has always been an issue for us.

What do you guys think it will go for when it is reduced (of course it will be it's only just a matter of time).

Price reductions are worth waiting for. for example look at Friends. It used to be £199 now it can be picked up for £60

Goodnight Sweetheart usd to be £85 - 99 and now can be got for around £40

Quote: The Rook @ October 20 2009, 3:38 PM BST

Ahh, now you see that this is the problem. I've been waiting for All Creatures Great and Small to be released as a complete collection for years. With my student discount of 5% off I can get it for £90 rather than the £95 as advertised on Amazon. As much as I want it I don't want to get in on its release date and then put it aside to watch at a later date, only for when that date comes around to find it has dropped in price. This has always been an issue for us.

What do you guys think it will go for when it is reduced (of course it will be it's only just a matter of time).

Hard to say as Playback have released so few complete sets to date, but I would guess you'd be looking at closer to half that by May.

Quote: Aaron @ October 21 2009, 12:22 AM BST

Hard to say as Playback have released so few complete sets to date, but I would guess you'd be looking at closer to half that by May.

Check out Morrison's remainder bins about July !

If it's good enough for Skinner . . :P

Quote: david carmon @ October 20 2009, 6:00 PM BST

Price reductions are worth waiting for.

Quoted for truth. Everything is bound to get cheaper within a few months and the wait is worth it.