What are you reading right now? Page 3

Quote: zooo @ September 24, 2007, 9:19 PM

Am also reading this in bed...

It is ace.
Anyone who says I read it out loud to myself while cuddling a teddy bear is lying.

F**king hell! Moonface and the crew! That brings back memories.
(And bless you!)

Bessie, Fanny, and Jo!

I wanna be Silky!

Alright, Laura and Ruby you may be able to help me here. I keep getting a song stuck in my head, but I have NO idea where it's from. I'd guess a kids' TV show I watched during the day (so probably Nickelodeon) as my Mum has no clue about it either.

Anyway, the crazy lyrics are something like:
I have a dream, to shine my magic beam
And make the heavens glow,
Above the world below.
Goodbye Mr Sun,
Now the day is done.
Hello Mrs Moon,
Play your magic tune...

Am I actually going insane with that one? I've tried Googling in the past with no luck. Any thoughts? :-/

Eeeeek. Rings not one bell! Not one!

Yay - Enid Blyton rocks!
I am reading The Lord of the Flies. Not through choice, but because my son is studying it for GCSE. Not my sort of thing at all. Where did I put my Mills and Boon collection? :O

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 25, 2007, 1:35 PM

Eeeeek. Rings not one bell! Not one!

Bugger.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - borrowed it, I ain't paying 15 quid for it.
George R.R. Martin - Dying of the Light. From 1977, the first work of the best fantasy writer there is.
Brett Mills - Television Sitcom. Received today from amazon, comes on recommendations from this board. I might ask for more recommendations later ;)

Just finished A Piano in the Pyrenees by Tony Hawks (not the skateboarder) See Amazon product listing Enjoyed it a lot. Made me giggle to myself on numerous occasions.

Currently reading JPod by Douglas Coupland See Amazon product listing which is alright so far. Good start though as he takes the piss out of himself.

Dan

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 1:27 PM

Alright, Laura and Ruby you may be able to help me here. I keep getting a song stuck in my head, but I have NO idea where it's from. I'd guess a kids' TV show I watched during the day (so probably Nickelodeon) as my Mum has no clue about it either.

Above the world below.
Goodbye Mr Sun,
Now the day is done.
Hello Mrs Moon,
Play your magic tune...

Am I actually going insane with that one? I've tried Googling in the past with no luck. Any thoughts? :-/

It does actually ring a bell. Mainly that 'Goodbye Mr Sun' bit.

It can't be Button Moon, cos you would already have thought of that...

Quote: Loopey @ September 25, 2007, 1:47 PM

I am reading The Lord of the Flies. Not through choice, but because my son is studying it for GCSE.

Good God, I hate that book.

So does my son and most of his class. How do they choose these books?
If they had chosen Of Mice and Men at least I have been through that one twice before!

I think that Of Mice and Men is an A Level book, but can't remember exactly.

If I recall, the whole 6-page-long first chapter can easily be slimmed to one sentence: "It was getting dark."

I studied Alice in Wonderland and BFG for my as level English..how good is that!?

BFG!

Quote: Aaron @ September 25, 2007, 1:27 PM

Above the world below.
Goodbye Mr Sun,
Now the day is done.
Hello Mrs Moon,
Play your magic tune...

It sounds like one of those annoying mobile phone ads, to which I'm too grumpy to tolerate.