I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue 2009 Page 2

I don't know how the recordings will take place yet.

Like some of you must be, I'm on the email newsletter list so if I get anything it will be here post haste !

An enjoyable show. Brydon was good, and supremely confident in the role of chairman, but I think Dee edges it. And I'll echo others in hoping that when it returns in the autumn they stick with one host and don't go down the dreaded guest host route.

I didn't hear it last night. I was out at a restaurant with a lady.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ July 21 2009, 11:23 AM BST

I didn't hear it last night. I was out at a restaurant with a lady.

Laughing out loud

Quote: chipolata @ July 21 2009, 11:27 AM BST

Laughing out loud

Soooo cruel.

HURRAH!!!

My tickets have arrived, going to see the tour in October at The De Montfort Hall, Leicester...

Must make sure sure my camera's charged so I can get a photo with the lovely Samantha...

Update for non mailing list chappies ....

Dear I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue Mailing List Member,

Just to let you know we will be announcing the venues and hosts for the forthcoming series of I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue in early October. It is our intention to continue with different hosts for each show, at least for the next series.

Meantime, we are soon to be in the midst of a small tour of the UK. Do come and see the show if you can. We had a terrific reception in Woking and Carlisle for the July dates.

The show stars the regular team with Jeremy Hardy our guest panellist and Jack Dee in the chair.

Apologies to those who booked in Dartford only to find the show was cancelled due to a power cut. We were waiting in a nearby hotel to see if the power could be restored in time. Alas, it couldn't.

Most of these tour dates are completely sold out, but some do still have tickets available. Our booker Helen Chattwell has been phoning round the theatres to see if they can come up with any offers exclusive to members of our mailing list. Here's what she's managed:

SEPTEMBER

Fri 18 - MANCHESTER OPERA HOUSE (0844 847 2295)
Are offering £5 off tickets in the Grand Tier to members of this list. The offer is only available by phone, and you need to quote the password 'Jack Dee'.

Sun 20 - BRISTOL HIPPODROME (0844 847 2325 or www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venue/189858)
Are also offering £5 off tickets in certain seats. The offer is available over the internet (password 'Mornington') and with the password 'Mornington Crescent offer' if booking by phone.

Mon 21 - PORTSMOUTH GUILDHALL (023 9282 4355)
Are also offering £5 off selected seats to members of this list. It's only available to phone bookers, and you need to quote the password 'Mornington Crescent'

Sat 26 - CENTAUR CHELTENHAM (01242 572573 booking via the Everyman Theatre Box Office)
Will offer £5 off selected seats to members of the mailing list, but only if they telephone the box office and quote the 'Mornington Crescent' password.

Sun 27 - NEW WIMBLEDON THEATRE (0844 871 7646 or www.ambassadortickets.com/New-Wimbledon-Theatre)
Are offering a discount on tickets to an added matinee performance at 2.30pm just to members of this mailing list. They say: 'On the 19th September we will release 100 tickets at a special price of £19 especially for ISIHAC fans. Available on Price Band A and B, matinee performance only. Only available by calling the box office on 0844 871 7646'.
You need to say you're on the mailing list and our calling about the discounted tickets.

Each show starts at 7.30pm and should be finished by around 10pm.

Finally, I should alert you to the fact that a book entitled 'The Clue Bible - The Fully Authorised History of 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue', from Footlights to Mornington Crescent', by Jem Roberts, is shortly to be published by a division of Random House. We'll have an offer for members of the mailing list in the next mailout. Meantime, here's how the book describes itself: "The official, definitive, exhaustive, complete, history and doings of the antidote to panel games: I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue. With forewords by Barry Cryer, Graeme Garden and Tim Brooke-Taylor".

That's about the size of it. We'd like to thank you all for your continued support, and look forward to seeing as many of you as possible at our forthcoming shows.

With best wishes

Jon Naismith
Producer, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue

I've added details of the new book to the Merchandise section of the ISIHAC article. Also, Volume 12 of the Clue releases has been announced for next year. It will contain Humph's last performance.

Update . .

Dear I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue Mailing List Member

This is to bring you news of the first two recordings in the forthcoming series of 'I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue'.

As you may have heard recently, Jack Dee has been confirmed as host for this series.

Our first recording is at the Old Vic Theatre, The Cut, London SE1 8NB, on Monday 26th October. Tickets are £10, £8 and £6. The panel will comprise the regulars (Tim, Graeme and Barry) plus Rob Brydon. The recording starts at 7.30pm and will finish no later than 10.30pm. As the theatre is in London and not large (around 1000 seats) and in the light of the huge inconvenience many people suffered trying to book tickets to the show at Her Majesty's Theatre in April, I have decided to take the advice many of you have been giving me and set up a lottery system for this recording via the Ambassadors Theatre Group ticketing agency used by The Old Vic. If you are free on the date and would like to attend the recording, to take part in the lottery, you need to click on this link:

http://www.ambassadortickets.com/form.aspx?id=33 <http://www.ambassadortickets.com/form.aspx?id=33>

Simply follow the instructions and fill in the form. You have until 6pm tomorrow (Tuesday 20th October) to have registered your interest in buying tickets - then the ATG booking office will make a random selection. To increase people's chances of getting tickets and hopefully cut down on the touting of tickets, we've restricted them to no more than 2 per applicant. So - fingers crossed.

Our second recording is at the Festival Theatre, Oaklands Park, Chichester, West Sussex P019 6AP on Monday 9th November. Tickets are again £10, £8 and £6, and again the recording will feature the regular panel plus this time special guest panellist David Mitchell. Again the recording starts at 7.30pm and will finish no later than 10.30pm. Tickets for this show are again limited to 2 per applicant and can be obtained from 10am tomorrow (Tuesday 20th October). They are bookable 24 hours a day at www.cft.org.uk <http://www.cft.org.uk/> or via the theatre's box office on 01243 781312 which is open Monday-Saturday from 10am-8pm (6pm when no performance). You would be strongly advised to book early!

Very sorry to the many of you who have been kind enough to send emails to this address. I've been on tour and just haven't had a moment to deal with any of them. I'm not going to get through the backlog for a while - apologies.

With best wishes

Jon Naismith
Producer, I'm Sorry I Haven't A Clue

P.S. To the best of my knowledge, this mailout is only sent to individuals
who have requested the information I am sending. If you have been sent this
email in error, or no longer wish to remain on this mailing list, please
reply to the email typing 'Unsubscribe' in the subject box.