Peep Show - Series 6 Page 45

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 17 2009, 1:32 AM BST

Oh, and Dolly, I think your mate has shown a real talent for comedy acting as Elena in this series. She was very good in tonight's episode, really doing a great job of flipping between "sincere"/selfish behaviour, as her character's personality almost mirrors that of Jeremy. (Perhaps that's why Jez has fallen for her so much?) Congratulations to her via you. :)

I don't think I'm going to see her until January, but I'll let her know she has lots of fans. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 17 2009, 12:41 PM BST

I don't think I'm going to see her until January, but I'll let her know she has lots of fans. :)

Tell her I like her eyes. Lovey

Peep Show seems to be dismissing the myth that every great British comedy should only last for 12 episodes.

I'm wondering if the creators will marry off Mark and Jez or will they become 'Tony Hancock-Sid James' style bitter old bachelors?

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ October 17 2009, 1:40 PM BST

Peep Show seems to be dismissing the myth that every great British comedy should only last for 12 episodes.

I'm wondering if the creators will marry off Mark and Jez or will they become 'Tony Hancock-Sid James' style bitter old bachelors?

It's about time that we had another great sitcom that has had a long run. Peep Show is right up there as perhaps the best current British sitcom, maybe only second to The Thick of It. It is amazing how they've maintained this quality for six series; it has a couple of episodes that miss the mark every now and again but I suppose that's expected when a series runs this long, but overall it is top quality.

I hope it runs for many more years to come. :)

''Puke point 3! Puke point 3! ... SNAKE!''

Fantastic.

Wow, a great episode again! Along with ep 2, surely the strongest one in the series. Sad to think we've only got one more episode. I almost worry that the series finale will be underwhelming now...they seem to be operating on that kind of pattern. I think a great finale would concentrate on the birth of Mark's son and the waiting room in the hospital with Jez. So much comedic potential. And then the inevitable moment when Mark must relunctantly hold his screaming newborn son for the first time.

Anyways, great episode. Loved the idea of Super Hans worrying about the snake being pissed off when he regains his equilibrium from the salad spinner.

Also, "Mark, you are paying for that snake...to be drycleaned."

I also agree, the Elena character is great. She really is exactly like Jez...only beautiful.

Edit: I just noticed I seem to have assumed the baby will be a boy? Was that revealed or am I imagining things? Mark with a daughter..now there's a trainwreck.

Oh and one more thing....a minor gripe. Would Mark really invite Jeff to his party? Perhaps it's just "bodies in the room" as he put it before.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ October 18 2009, 6:52 AM BST

Would Mark really invite Jeff to his party? Perhaps it's just "bodies in the room" as he put it before.

Good point, but be careful, even the slightest criticism of Peep Show on this board risks a knock on the door from the Peep police. They will not tolerate any dissent.

Quote: Sal Paradise @ October 18 2009, 6:52 AM BST

Would Mark really invite Jeff to his party? Perhaps it's just "bodies in the room" as he put it before.

I'm sure Jeff could make his own way to the party, after all, two complete strangers did, and Jeff strikes me as the type who has his fingers in all the...grapevines...sorta thing.

What a great episode though! I won't bother trying to point out all the good bits, as I'm sure you all know them! I'll just say that, having just done Media in English, I can't help noticing the snake was nearly always in shot, even if really far away. Classic techniques to keep an undercurrent of tension, even if you don't notice. <3

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 17 2009, 12:41 PM BST

Tell her she's a nasty piece of work.

Still would, though.

I didn't laugh very much at this one. In fact I'm not sure I laughed at all. Probably just wasn't in the mood *shrugs*

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 16 2009, 10:59 PM BST

He only had a quick toke and, as it was his first time, him being sick was all you could really expect. He did seem to 'straighten up' rather quickly though, and running around shouting really isn't what bongs are about. :D

It wasn't his first time - remember the Lazerbowl episode where Valerie gave him 'blowback'?

Like a trout, I'll go against the flow on this one. I didn't think it was up to much as an episode. To me it felt like a Peep Show by numbers, with a a lot of reheated material and not many particulary great lines. Some nice moments, sure, but a real disappointment. And I remember looking at the clock at 10:15pm and thinking, "F**k me, the first ad break hasn't even been, yet it feels like it's been on six hours!"

Yeah, it was still very funny and I did laugh a lot but the previous two episodes were better in my opinion.

Dan

I loved this episode with SuperHans saying about the snake "When he gets his shit together, he's going to be pissed."

I love Elena and Jez's obsession (was it a previous episode where he's building a bust of her head - haha).

Quote: johnny smith @ October 19 2009, 10:08 AM BST

It wasn't his first time - remember the Lazerbowl episode where Valerie gave him 'blowback'?

Due to my short-term memory loss, no.