Your best and worst 5 Carry On films

What would be everyones 5 best and 5 worst Carry On films?

Mine would be:

Top 5 Best

1. Carry On Cabby
2. Carry On At Your Convienience
3. Carry On Up The Khyber
4. Carry On Matron
5. Carry On Behind

Worst.....

1. Carry On England - Absolutely terrible film
2. Carry On Jack - Boring
3. Carry On Girls - Just stupid
4. Carry On Follow That Camel - Phil Silvers = Idiot
5. Carry On Emmannuelle - Not great - Even Colombus was better

Here's mine:

Best 5:
1. Abroad
2. At Your Convenience
3. Camping
4. Matron
5. Doctor

Worst 5:
1. Girls
2. Teacher
3. Don't Lose Your Head
4. Henry
5. Up The Khyber

Quote: John M @ September 23 2009, 6:07 PM BST

Here's mine:

Best 5:
1. Abroad
2. At Your Convenience
3. Camping
4. Matron
5. Doctor

Worst 5:
1. Girls
2. Teacher
3. Don't Lose Your Head
4. Henry
5. Up The Khyber

I wouldn't have thought Teacher was a bad film, maybe not everyones biscuit though. But Henry? are you mad?
:D :D :D

Though Girls and Don't Lose Your Head are deserving of their place.

Worst:
1. Carry On Cowboy

Quote: david carmon @ September 23 2009, 6:16 PM BST

I wouldn't have thought Teacher was a bad film, maybe not everyones biscuit though. But Henry? are you mad?
:D :D :D

I suppose Henry is better than a lot of the others, it's certainly better than Jack.

Quote: John M @ September 23 2009, 6:07 PM BST

Here's mine:
Worst 5:
5. Up The Khyber

:O

Top 5:

1) Carry On Up The Kybher
2) Carry On At Your Convenience
3) Carry On Camping
4) Carry On Matron
5) Carry On Again Doctor

Worst - too many, but the pits is probably Carry On Emmanuelle - notable only for the fact that you get to see Kenneth William's bare arse.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 12:19 AM BST

Top 5:

1) Carry On Up The Kybher
2) Carry On At Your Convenience
3) Carry On Camping
4) Carry On Matron
5) Carry On Again Doctor

Worst - too many, but the pits is probably Carry On Emmanuelle - notable only for the fact that you get to see Kenneth William's bare arse.

I think the worst is England by far, Emmannuelle was good compared to that.

Top 5

Screaming
Up The Khyber
Cowboy
Jack
Cleo

Bottom 5

Emmanuelle
Columbus
England
At Your Convenience
Henry

Best:

Up the Khyber
Screaming
Cleo
Doctor

Worst:

England

I can't vouch for other "bad" ones, not having seen them. I started watching "Emmanuelle" - it was so bad I had to turn it off, but it would have to be spectacularly bad to be worse than "England".

It's funny how the vast majority of the worst Carry Ons by you folks are some of my favourites.

I love both Emmanuelle and England.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.

Of its own accord, Carry On Emmanuelle is a weak but tolerable film. When contrasted to the rest of the series, it's barely worth acknowledging. Only the combined performance of Davies and Connor, as someone else noted, make it worthwhile.

Kenneth Williams's bare arse was on display years earlier in Carry On Constable. Along with the bare posteriors of Kenneth Connor, Leslie Phillips and Charles Hawtrey.

You also saw his arse in Carry on Behind aswell.

Carry On Emmanuelle - notable only for the fact that you get to see Kenneth William's bare arse.

Quote: Kenneth @ October 16 2009, 2:56 PM BST

Kenneth Williams's bare arse was on display years earlier in Carry On Constable. .

Quote: Richard Wells @ October 16 2009, 4:25 PM BST

You also saw his arse in Carry on Behind aswell.

While many learned professors have abandoned hope of ever discovering the truth behind Kenneth Williams's bare arse, I for one feel that it is still a worthy cause for examination. I find myself constantly drawn to the subject of Kenneth Williams's bare arse. Crossing many cultural barriers, it still draws remarks such as 'I wouldn't touch it with a disinfected, condom-covered, barge pole' and 'i'd rather have Bigfella sit naked on my face', Kenneth Williams's bare arse clearly plays a significant role amongst developing comedy writers and is legendary. The World and Stephen Hawking rely, more than ever before, on Kenneth Williams's bare arse. Society says that every man and woman must find their own truth - which could well be found - yes - within Kenneth Williams's bare arse.