Never Mind The Buzzcocks - Series 23 (2009) Page 2

Quote: Nogget @ October 2 2009, 6:05 AM BST

Perhaps they should just dump Corden and broadcast the autocue to us.

:D

I suppose I feel the same as most of the people here. It wasn't bad, but not great. The show does appear to be suffering because of Amstell leaving, but Rhod Gilbert should be better host than Corden.

Tonight's episode did have some high points though. I did enjoy Paloma Faith. I haven't heard of her before but I'm going to have to look up some of her work. Mind you, I might have just liked her jacket.

Quote: Mike T @ October 2 2009, 4:37 AM BST

His over the top laugh was quite disturbing but number 4 on the line up (the women) was a piece of good lookin' vagina.

...That skirt must have been shorter than it looked.

Corden was good I thought, he certainly wasn't terrible, like some are making out. I imagine if you hate him though, then he was never going to impress you.

Johnny Depp has a thing for English comedy stuff, so it could be true I suppose.

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2009, 11:55 AM BST

Johnny Depp has a thing for English comedy stuff, so it could be true I suppose.

Johnny Depp and Noel Fielding on the same show? It's a self harmer's dream come true! Get Tim Burton to direct the show and Marilyn Manson to appear as a guest and the suicide rate between 9.30pm-10pm on a Thursday will drop by at least 75%.

Corden was OK but then he was just reading the same script Amstell would have been reading if he'd still been host.

As guest presenters on these things are often people who did well as guests, presumably they'll get Huey Morgan on at some point. He made a pretty good fist of it last time.

Got to admit that I thought the show lacked something last night. James Corden wasn't bad, but he's not a natural quiz host and it did feel at times they were straining for laughs.
I think I was always going to think this though because Simon Amstell used to make the programme for me.

I suppose the nature of the guest hosts is that the quality will be up and down so should be interesting.

I'd agree Corden wasn't THAT bad but yeah... I've always disliked him. Always very annoyed when I see him appearing in things. He's just not that good really, is he?

Is it just me or does Noel Fielding seem to sip alot from the mysterious Buzzcocks cup... some special liquid in there no doubt.. I'd need it to get through a night of bloody Corden's cheap laughs too... Laughing out loud

Quote: Tim Walker @ October 2 2009, 12:12 AM BST

Ricky Wilson

Quote: Afinkawan @ October 2 2009, 1:06 PM BST

Huey Morgan

These were my two favourite guest presenters last time, so they'd be very welcome back.

Quote: zooo @ October 2 2009, 11:51 AM BST

...That skirt must have been shorter than it looked.

Laughing out loud

The last time I saw Huey Morgan on a TV show was on that dog training thing hosted by Julian Clary. He bawled his eyes out coz his dog got low marks on account of it going on a f**kin rampage and so Huey threatened to square up to the mighty Peter Purves...

yeah get Huey on.

Just have to say We are about 5 mins in and this Welsh Guy has made me laugh more than than James Corden has in his entire career.

Faint praise aside Rhod Gilbert seems pretty good at this.

Yes I liked him, he is good.

Who's for a petition? - Rhod Gilbert for permanent host!

I think I missed something. I liked Rhod Gilbert but I didn't think he was amazing.

Is anybody else mildly impressed by Noel Fielding's restraint. As a guest and as a temporary guest host last season he took over the show. So far, he's been pretty subdued and letting the other guests a chance to talk.