Lee Mack Not Going Out Tour

I've just seen a long preview of it at the hampstead comedy club. Anybody else seen it there? He was generous in his time and warmed to his task. So thanks, Lee.

I wouldn't say I was disappointed exactly- I wouldn't have gone if I didn't basically believe in Lee. But all the same I didn't think the material had the standout moments of his tour one or two years ago. I look on him as a bit of an American "wise guy" comic but just maybe the material was a little bit more contrived than inspired in its wordplay and so on. If you're a fan of "Not Going Out" you'll be well served by this, so this is not a scathing criticism. I'm only comparing him to the very highest comedy because he deserves to be. To me though he lacks the edge in "presence" or charisma of Sean Lock at his best, though his is a different kind of surreal/mock stupid humour.
Maybe a second tour is like a second album and treading water is a real success. Curious to see what anybody else thinks.

Ooh. I saw him a year or two back and thought it was one of the finest comedy shows I'd ever seen. Have tickets for him at the Salford Lowry next March and am really looking forward to that too. I can see what you mean by the 'American Wise Guy' reference but think he has a considerable amount of warmth and likeability which allows him to get away with that kind of material.

I saw him too and he was great. I'm seeing him again in February and hope he'll be just as good, if not better.

I'm going to see him in February too. Hope it's good; his first live DVD was brilliant.

He's so Cockney it hurts. :)

I'm going to see him live for the first time in March. Really looking forward to it!

Quote: luke not going out to have two pints @ October 12 2009, 12:15 PM BST

Um! Huh?

I have tickets for December. Hope it's good.

We saw him tonight in Manchester and he was excellent. There were a couple of idiots shouting (non abusive) stuff and it was extremely funny listening to him rip into them.

Simon Evans, the warm up, was also very good.

I'm getting ready for Not Going Out to start airing at the end of the week and I saw Lee on Graham Norton the other night. Is his stuff worth watching? I've ready decent reviews for his tour and show.

Yes, very much worth watching! Very much indeed!

Thanks Aaron! BBC America is actually airing lots that I'm interested in seeing, especially Not Going Out.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ May 10 2010, 5:25 PM BST

Thanks Aaron! BBC America is actually airing lots that I'm interested in seeing, especially Not Going Out.

Lee Mack is very funny, and Not Going Out is top class.

Quote: luke not going out two pints @ October 12 2009, 4:15 PM BST

hee hee, I loved that.

Sounds interesting... Lee Mack is one of fav standups at the moment. More4 repeated his standup show the other week, which was good to see again.

Hi, I'm new!

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but I'm going to see Lee Mack at the Hammersmith Apollo in November! I'm right at the back, because I only just got tickets, but I'm so excited!

I'm pleased to what good reviews it's been getting! :D

Watched this show last December in Norwich. Very good show. In fact the show I saw was the first of the tour. He was in good form, probably one of the quickest comedians I've ever seen. Really enjoyed the show, met him after too - very nice man.