Sketch Show Name Required

First timer on here and I need a name of a Sketch Show that was on in the early 90's.

The only thing I remember about it was a sketch of some supposed magician who was absolute garbage and when he finished his tricks he shouted "AVYAR!!" or something like that.

Please help me. Me and my mates have benn racking our brains for years on this. :S

Any more details?

It wouldn't be Jerry Sadowitz would it?

Quote: Leevil @ October 9 2009, 6:37 PM BST

Any more details?

It wouldn't be Jerry Sadowitz would it?

No, definitely not Jerry Sadowitz, it was Britishthat's all I can remember sorry.

Can you describe the magician or actor?

He was tallish with dark hair and wierd looking in a Rowan Atkinson sort of way.

It couldn't have been Reece's magician in The League of Gentlemen I suppose?
If you've misremembered the year and stuff.

David Schneider?

Quote: Leevil @ October 9 2009, 6:55 PM BST

David Schneider?

I can almost visualise this. Sounds like the kind of thing he probably did, doesn't it?

Geniuses aplenty on here.

David Schneider in "Up To Something" in 1990.

Unfortunately it only lasted 1 series and even more unfortunate I can't find any videos on YouTube either. :( :( :(

Cheers Guys

Wahey! I never guess these.

Welcome Brutus Wave

It also starred Shane Ritchie Pleased

"Sometimes referred to as a spin-off of the British sketch comedy series Something for the Weekend, Up to Something! was not entirely that. However, most of the same regulars and production staffers from the earlier series were showcased on the new show. Also, both series were topheavy with topical sketches and eccentric recurring characters. The seven half-hour episodes of Up to Something! were aired by BBC1 from July 2 to August 13, 1990. ~ Hal Erickson, All Movie Guide"

- http://www.answers.com/topic/up-to-something-tv-episode

I know this is an old topic, but for years and years I've had in my head a sketch show with a rubbish magician and his assistant, who in my head was called Tolken Stonken or some other Austrian sounding name, with them both announcing "Avyar!" at the end of the trick. I recently watched a tv show about old sketch shows and thought I recognised David Schneider as the male component. My curiosity rekindled, No surprise my google search bought me here. I now know the name and date of the show (thanks guys) but still no nearer finding any available episodes. With the passage of time, I wonder if anyone has any more info on where to find these lost episodes!