Simple Pleasures Film Festival

Hello again

I'll probably have a go at this and thought others may be interested - it's only a minute long!

Jx

http://www.dorsetcereals.co.uk/simple-pleasures-film-festival/gallery

our Simple Pleasures Film Festival
It's the simple things in life that we love the most, like receiving a postcard from a friend, peeling an orange in one, and the smell of freshly cut grass. So to celebrate our love of life's simple pleasures, we're launching our very own Simple Pleasures Film Festival.
We're asking you to make a short film that sums up our belief: 'simple, but then the best things in life usually are'.
First prize is £5,000 and a week in a top UK film production company, and there are two runner up prizes of £2,000 each.
We'll be showing your videos on the Dorset Cereals website for the whole world to see, and judging them will be Dorset-based Oscar-winning screenwriter, Julian Fellowes (Gosford Park).
What's more, we'll be giving away a special People's Prize of £2,000 for the film that gets the most votes from the public. So don't forget to ask your friends to vote!

Sounds great apart from this week in a top uk film production company - what's that about???

shut up and get me a latte.

Laughing out loud

shut up and get me a latte.

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!! :)

So a food company wants film makers to make their next TV ad, they get dozens of creatives to pitch for nothing, and they get a finished ad for 5 grand? Bargain.

At least they're up front about it. Most ad agencies just rip off students' films and pay them nowt.

I think I'll enter. At my age, work experience in a film company should be fun, and highly embarrassing for all involved.

:D

Simple Pleasures are wasted on you cynical lot.

And to be fair, in return for probably at best one or two good ideas they'll have to sit through hours of peoples' home movies featuring their 'adorable' kids and pets. Plus whatever weird idea I come up with as I don't have either.

Cool