That Mitchell & Webb Sound - Series 4 Page 5

Quote: chipolata @ September 23 2009, 1:32 PM BST

I thought the Old Lady Job Review sketch was excellent, though.

Yet that was my least favourite, it didn't even raise a titter. I far preferred previous shows; and I much prefer the radio series to TV. There was an interview with them on Loose Ends last week (still available) where they said that radio was their favourite medium, so maybe that joy comes through.

I agree about preferring the radio show to the TV show. Although I dare say some of the best sketches will filter through to future TV shows.

Seems that for every firm opinion someone else has an opposite opinion! I wonder if that's a good thing. Wider audience, at any rate, or rather a wider audience who likes bits but not others.

The Stargate Office sketches have been really entertaining. The one-off series of sketches featuring the pinocchio boy in I think it was Episode Four were what have made me laugh the most this series though... hilarious, mainly thanks to the way Webb acted them out.

Quote: Mark @ September 26 2009, 2:55 PM BST

The Stargate Office sketches have been really entertaining. The one-off series of sketches featuring the pinocchio boy in I think it was Episode Four were what have made me laugh the most this series though... hilarious, mainly thanks to the way Webb acted them out.

Yes, the Stargate theme is great, and yes, Webb is great at the acting thing. he was a real joy to watch on Peep Show last night, when he was trying to get rid of Sophie on the phone, before exploding with joy when he discovered he wasn't the father, and then trying to cover it up. What a complicated set of emotions to try to convey.

I did enjoy the last episode.
The Old Lady sketch was a nice twist.

I liked that one. And "that's not banter, that's just a very noisy muscle spasm"!! Laughing out loud

ITS THOSE DAMN ALIONS AGAIN...... :D

:) The first Stargate reveal was great!