What are you smoking? Page 5

Quote: Lee Henman @ August 21 2009, 12:40 AM BST

"Homo Fags".

A tautology surely?

Pebbles.

Quote: Jack Massey @ October 1 2009, 10:23 PM BST

Bloody hell. I've given up smoking now for about six years. However, if I have a lot of alcohol to drink, I might occasionally have a cigarette, but due to the taste of alcohol in my mouth, I can't really taste the cigarette, but I very rarely smoke when I have a drink anymore, I'm on about three cigarettes a year. Anyway, someone was leaving my office today and to celebrate he brought in some Hamlet Cigars. I accepted it and it was the first thing I've smoked sober for six years and I couldn't physically finish it. A couple of drags and it was bringing me into a coughing fit. I couldn't believe it.

So you haven't actually given up for 6 years.

Laughing out loud

I think I miss smoking.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 3 2009, 12:52 AM BST

I think I miss smoking.

Andrea, I missed smoking when I gave up. I stopped for 3 years and started again just a few months ago. Idiot that I am.
Errr

I was an occasional smoker when I did, only when I was out with friends. I think it would help with my stress. I won't though.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 3 2009, 2:13 AM BST

I was an occasional smoker when I did, only when I was out with friends. I think it would help with my stress. I won't though.

Good for you. It is too difficult to break the habit.
When I stopped the first time, I spent days crying like a loon and hoping that a smoker friend would visit, so I could have, just one more!

Quote: Linda La Hughes @ October 3 2009, 2:20 AM BST

Good for you. It is too difficult to break the habit.
When I stopped the first time, I spent days crying like a loon and hoping that a smoker friend would visit, so I could have, just one more!

Console

I'm a cancer survivor, so I would never get back into it for that reason alone. But I could really use the stress relief. :)

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 3 2009, 2:24 AM BST

Console

I'm a cancer survivor, so I would never get back into it for that reason alone. But I could really use the stress relief. :)

A nice long soak in the tub, reading a good book and playing some mellow tunes might do the trick, at least temporarily. :)

Quote: Linda La Hughes @ October 3 2009, 2:33 AM BST

A nice long soak in the tub, reading a good book and playing some mellow tunes might do the trick, at least temporarily. :)

Worth a try, thanks.

What ended up happening with your wacky weather situation?

Quote: AndreaLynne @ October 3 2009, 2:34 AM BST

Worth a try, thanks.

What ended up happening with your wacky weather situation?

We ended up just getting the very tail end of it. As in a few yachts ripped from their moorings. People were told to stay away from the beaches, but lots of them went anyway to see the action. And unbelievably, surfers took to the water to ride the waves.

We were very lucky. Samoa is really suffering.

I don't think we (NZ) will get taken by a tsunami. I think we will be claimed by
an earthquake we are so very overdue for. At least that is what we are being told. Little cheer germs. Laughing out loud

I know what you mean. I keep waiting for California to fall off the side of the country like they keep promising. Nothing yet...

Today I am smoking peanut butter and nicotine. I had a go of an ecig from a old man in the street. He and his wife were standing in a doorway, I asked him about it, and his wife butted in telling me that he hadn't smoked a real cigarette since he had purchased it, and egged me on to try it. Well...blow me!! It really was like a real fag (I had smoked at least 20 Regal Kingsize every day since 1990)
Since I started e-smoking last Thursday I haven't had a tobacco fag. I am not missing it at all, in fact I prefer it since I am less prone to setting fire to my chaize longue.
I am so impressed I've become a reseller!!
I don't get out of breath.
And that 20 spot in my wallet is still there.
And I'm not coughing up lung butter over my morning espresso.
And it comes with a money back guarantee.

If you want to stop smoking, but you still want the benefits (eg elegance) of smoking I would recommend it.

Particularly producers of "The Smoking Room", who could legitimately rename the series "The Vaping Room

I got mine here http://www.elitecigarettes.co.uk/?aff_id=31
Other brands of electronic cigarettes are available.

Quote: random @ August 21 2009, 11:15 PM BST

Smoked for best part of 20 years.

I smoked for the worst part of 20 years. Minimum 4 packs a day (6 packs a day if heavy drinking/working) of strong cigarettes: 34 mg tar, 2 mg nicotine.