Naked Video

Who here remembers Naked Video?

I do. I liked The Baldy Man and Rab C. Nesbitt skecthes the best.

Yes. It was mostly awful. :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 30 2009, 8:08 PM BST

Yes. It was mostly awful. :)

Seconded.

I liked Siadwell the depressed welsh poet.

There's been repeats of Naked Radio on Radio 7 recently.

Quote: KJSmyling @ September 30 2009, 8:42 PM BST

I liked Siadwell the depressed welsh poet.

And his girlfriend Gravel. Someone told me he created and/or narrated Peppa Pig now - not sure if that's true though.

Naked Video was great at the time, I'm not sure how well it would stand the test of time though. Thanks for reminding me I'll watch some later.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 30 2009, 8:45 PM BST

And his girlfriend Gravel. Someone told me he created and/or narrated Peppa Pig now - not sure if that's true though.

"John Sparkes .../ provides the voice of the Narrator and some other characters in the children's animated series Peppa Pig .../ also starred in the sketch show Naked Video, where he played Siadwell,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Sparkes

So it was true. :)

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 30 2009, 8:55 PM BST

So it was true. :)

No, I just edited Wikipedia to make it seem that way, like I did with the male lactation thing.

Naked Video was alright. Created some good characters (Rab C, Siadwell, Sloan Woman, OHBC, er). It was a bit shitty at times but was probably more solid than sloppy.

I had rather forgotten about Siadwell, who was really good. John Sparkes was an excellent character comic. :)

Frank Hovis was one of my Sparkes favourites. I think that was Absolutely though.

Indeed it was. He was also very good as the strange Welshman handyman Denzil ("Ah, Swansea... those people certainly know how to make wallpaper" was a favourite line of mine) in those sketches with Morwena Banks - the ones with subtitles in Welsh. And he did that old West Country bloke who used to say "quim". He also did Barry Welsh, which I admit I didn't really see a lot of (probably because it was on an early incarnation of the Paramount Comedy channel, I think?). :)

Oh blimey. You're sparking things off in my brain that had been dead for years.