Katy Brand's Big Ass Show - Series 3

I don't think there's actually been any discussion of this yet. Not all that surprising considering it's hidden away on ITV2 with little fanfare or publicity, but for me it's one of the most consistent sketch shows I can remember. A good 85% hit rate on the weakest of episodes. I do particularly love Cheryl's Olympic Diary and Captain Rosie; always sure bets for a good laugh. I don't really "get" the Lily Allen ones, but there aren't any sketches that I actually actively dislike.

All round a really good and undervalued show I think.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/katy_brands_big_ass_show/

Hmm . . thought I might give it a go until I clicked the link and realised that I haven't heard of 95% of the people they are meant to be spoofing or whatever !

So, a bit pointless for an Oldrocker !

;)

A truly terrible show.

I likes it.

Quote: Oldrocker @ September 26 2009, 12:37 AM BST

Hmm . . thought I might give it a go until I clicked the link and realised that I haven't heard of 95% of the people they are meant to be spoofing or whatever !

So, a bit pointless for an Oldrocker !

;)

I've not heard of quite a few of them either. zooo often has to explain for me.

I find the repetative joke of someone very large acting as someone who is very slim, wears thin quickly.

Honestly, the only time that Katy has ever made me laugh was when she was in that episode of Peep Show (series 4). And I don't really think that was much to do with her.

Who was she in Peep Show?

Quote: zooo @ September 26 2009, 12:24 PM BST

Jez eats her dog. :D

Quote: zooo @ September 26 2009, 12:24 PM BST

As Matthew says, in the dog-eating episode (S4, E5). She plays one of the daughters, Lucy, that Mark is sort-of forced to like as he's trying to impress their father, Malcolm, in order to push for a job...

MARK (V/O): Wealthy, lovely family. If only she wasn't such a horrible person she'd be the woman of my dreams.

And...

MALCOLM: So, you and Lucy seem pretty sweet on each other.
MARK: Oh. Yeah.
MALCOLM: What do you think of her... honestly?
MARK (V/O): I think she might have a borderline personality disorder.
MARK: I think she's...lovely.
MALCOLM: Oh, that's nice, I'll tell her that.
MARK: OK. Great.
MARK (V/O): Maybe instead of marrying Sophie I should just marry Lucy. No, stop trying to marry everyone, Mark! No need to marry people!

Oh of coooooourse.
Thank you, I remember now!

I really like this show - I'm impressed by how far they manage to stretch the budget. Some of the pop parodies are spot on. Things do repeat a little as the series progresses, but there's enough variation to keep me interested.

(Aaron, the Lily Allen sketches are a reference to the fact that in real life she's pretty much tried her hand at everything, from journalist to TV chat show host, none of which has gone well - but it doesn't seem to faze her)

Then again, Katy Brand has only really tried her hand at comedy and... well, it doesn't seem to faze her... Errr

Am I the only one becoming really bored of crap celebrity parodies?

Quote: Timbo @ September 26 2009, 7:08 PM BST

Am I the only one becoming really bored of crap celebrity parodies?

Er, no.