Favourite Fast Show characters? Page 3

The Ralph and Ted spin-off was good too.
Best sketch of theirs was when Ted went on about saving the baby in the fire.

Ralph and Ted were way ahead for me but there were so many good 'uns as mentioned here already, including Jazz Tony - 'Niccccce' and (I'm rubbish at names but) the guy who painted - 'It's black all black...'

I didn't like them all, as Zooo said Scorchio did nothing for me - neither did cheesy peas, and I wasn't always mad on unlucky Alf, but then I liked 'Brilliant' and the guy who said "Today I have been mostly eating potatoes" etc and if you imagine those scripts 'on the page' I guess it's almost impossible to say which ones would take off.

I like to think they had the best time making it.

Jx

The Johnny nice Painter sketches were among my least favourite.
I never used to like the "Suits you Sir" sketches either, but they grew on me as the series went on.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ September 24 2009, 9:58 AM BST

I never used to like the "Suits you Sir" sketches either, but they grew on me as the series went on.

It was great when Johnny Depp popped up in one! :D

I'd go for Ted and Ralph. Poignant and funny. And to my mind, the sketch where Ralph tells Ted his wife is dead via a drinking game is the funniest sketch ever.

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2009, 10:06 AM BST

I'd go for Ted and Ralph. Poignant and funny. And to my mind, the sketch where Ralph tells Ted his wife is dead via a drinking game is the funniest sketch ever.

Yes - I agree. I thought that was brilliant.

EASY!!! .. The Off Roaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then, Jazz Club, Jess, Brilliant, Competitive Dad, Rowley etc.

"That's amazing with Carl Hooper" and "Echo Warrior" and "Competitive Dad".

I actually really liked Arabella Weir's characters. The sketch where she gets mugged in the street is hilarious. I think it was in Series 3.

And the painter was always great. :D

Quote: chipolata @ September 24 2009, 10:06 AM BST

Was amazing.

In fact, balls to it - every bloody character was spot on. Loved the show.

Favourite Ted & Ralph sketch? Loads but, for reasons I really can't put my finger on, I loved the one where Ted was mending a fence and Ralph came bumbling over stating he had a spare ticket for a Tina Turner concert. Ted obviously claimed not to know of her but started mumbling 'Do I Love You, My Oh My...' as Ralph disappeared off back to the manor. Comedy gold.

Swiss Toni
Jessie
And the family running round shouting "come on"

Did really like Ralph and Ted that much - or the spainish Tv programme.

Yeah Ralph and Ted were two of the greatest characters in British Comedy. I think it was the poignancy that set them apart, I am struggling to think of any other sketch show that has been able to include that amount of drama.
The scorchio woman is also brilliant.

Johnny Nice Painter. Just brilliant! he also looks a lot like my dad. Who is also a painter!

Unlucky Alf.

Also the brilliant guy, cause there's quite a few shots of him walking around my home town, especially in the first series.

Black... like the clouds of death that follow me into the forest of doom and hide in the wardrobe of darkness! Blaaaackk!

Arthur Atkinson, Johnny Nice Painter, Ted & Ralph, Competitive Dad and Rowley Birkin are probably my favourites. It's incredible how many of their catchphrases me and my family still use: "How queer!", "Come on Toby", "BLACK!", "Niiiice" etc.

Does anyone remember a stand-alone sketch featuring Felix Dexter and Colin McFarlane where they play two Jamaican mates who bump into each other on the street, with Dexter unleashing a load of patois that we assume McFarlane understands, but then McFarlane says, in a West Country accent: "No. I can't keep up with that. I don't know what the bloody hell you're on about"?

Anyone?