Vibe TV Premier Screenwriting Competition 2009 Page 2

heh, no I hadnt seen their corporate work.

But now I'm going to check it out as I need a good laugh. :)

I love their news...

"Vibe TV commissioned to write script for museum"

"Vibe filmed the arrival of a new helicopter"

As an economic model it has it merits, but the judging, production and distribution all need to be top notch to justify the outlay. If you are going to buy a ticket to enter a competition the prize has to be worth winning.

Agreed, Some of those 50% - 100% US screenplay contests have industry judges and a decent whack of prize money.

Although personally I've never entered a contest with paid entry before.

Quote: Mikey Jackson @ September 16 2009, 10:51 PM BST

This opp might be interesting to the screenwriters among us.

BLURB:

Writers International Premier Screen Talent:

A great opportunity for screenwriters to get a pilot made of their movie. If you think you've got what it takes to write a script then this is your chance to transform your work into film. As an industry partner, we are looking for great stories in any of the following genres: Adventure, Comedy, Crime, Drama, Family, Horror, Romantic Comedy, Thriller/Suspense, Documentary, Fantasy, Ghost and Open genres.

Our Mission is to create an opportunity for screenwriters to have a 10 minute pilot of their work made available for distribution, e.g. to film festivals or Production/TV/Film companies to promote their work and to generate funding for the full project. Our competition aims to create a positive industry and audience exposure for work that would otherwise not be seen. Please review this document carefully. Submission of a screenplay to our 2009 competition constitutes acceptance of our competition rules and regulations.

Scripts will be judged by industry professionals. The winner of each genre will be awarded a certificate and go through to the final. The Vibe judging panel, will then decide on the winner of each genre and the ultimate competition winner for 2009.

http://www.vibetv.tv/competition.aspx

Looks interesting, be good to see my script on film

Replied before I'd read what everyone else said.

I guess films cost money to make, which is why competitions charge entry. I haven't entered competitions before but I'd find a film more useful to send of than a couple of quid because it'd cost more than some competitions give you to make your own demo to send out