Favourite Fast Show characters?

There are many great'uns of course. I like most of the Paul Whitehouse and Simon Day characters best, but Billy Bleach is definitely my all-time fave. He's hilarious.

"Puma!" :D :D

P.S.: Honourable mentions to Competitive Dad, Ron Manager, Monkfish.

I'm a big Simon Day fan, mainly because a lot of the stuff I write is very similar to his stuff. I love the way his characters come out with really random stuff. My favourite is probably the Historian character.

As I've said before, I went to see Simon doing stand up, back in about '96, and it's still the best show I've ever been to. I've never seen so many people crying with laughter before or since.

"Another mate of mine, dad was French, mum was a pygmy. Great chef but could never reach the stove." :D

Jazz club guy
& Arthur Atkinson.

Charlie Higson as mid-life crisis man who only featured in the out takes episodes but was hilarious and tragic and the same time. Clive Russell sort of revived the character in Paul Whitehouse's Happiness though.

Loved Dave Angel: Eco Warrior too.

This has a danger of turning into a Simon Day tribute thread.

"26 of the queens runs" :D

Fave Ted and Ralph sketch was definitely this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBTrCZObyA

Quote: Jackson Neil @ September 22 2009, 3:39 PM BST

Loved Dave Angel: Eco Warrior too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGBTrCZObyA

That bald handyman on the One Show likes to give sound Dave Angel style environmental advice.

Unlucky Alf, Tommy Cockles, Bob Fleming & Jed Evans and Chip (John Thompson's deaf stuntman character).

The painter who flipped when he remembered black.

Bit Weeeh, Bit Wooh

Oh God, so so many!

I was just about to list them but there's just too many. One of if not 'the' best sketch show of all time.

P.S. Hate to say it, but practically the only skits I didn't like were Arabella Weir ones.

Quote: Moonstone @ September 23 2009, 9:38 PM BST

P.S. Hate to say it, but practically the only skits I didn't like were Arabelle Wier ones.

I quite liked the South African Makeup Lady, 'Don't mean to be rude, but...'.

And, 'Does my post look big in this thread?' :D

Ted and Ralph! Ralph and Ted! How has no-one mentioned them yet?!

Yep. Ted and Ralph for me as well.

Then Swiss Toni.

Then Johnny Nice Painter.

Swiss Toni!
Prefer him in his own show though, not so much just the sketches.