Best Two Ronnies Sketch Page 2

The Rook one was great.

I was never too keen on there musical sketches, but one of them was so good, I will rank it as my favourite Two Ronnies sketch. It was the one where they are morris dancers and they accidently put rude words in the song they sing. I think it is called The St. Botolph's Country Dance Team. It is pure genius.
I also love the name droppers sketch, when Ronnie Corbett gets a mention, 'Died last week' 'Surely not' 'Shirley Not was as the funeral. Her problem is she's obsessed with her horriscope' 'Horris Scope, that twit. Don't tell me she moves in his beronicorbit' 'Ronnie Corbett who's Ronnie Corbett'

Round of Drinks is class too!

The woman with the pink boobs.

Quote: chipolata @ September 4 2009, 9:58 AM BST

I'd go with the Mastermind sketch (David Renwick?)

That's my favourite sketch - and yes it was written by Renwick.

Quote: Lee Henman @ September 4 2009, 12:30 AM BST

Have to agree. Fantastically-funny, clever sketch with a disappointing ending.

The problem with quite a few Ronnies' sketches, including the otherwise marvellous Rook (written by David Nobbs I think).

No on has mentioned the optician sketch yet.

Well it's pretty difficult to pick just one!!
The Four Candles sketch, Mastermind, the FUNEX sketch (even if it's just for the beginning), Water sketch, the Pismonunciation sketch, the sketch doing away with the letter __(can anyone remember the name of this as I can't even find it!) and any of the ones with the two country farmer types(?).

Probably my favourite was the hieroglypics one though.

The underscore? And the county bumpkins.

Did Renwick definitely write Mastermind? I've got that big book of Barker's collected writing, and it's in there as one of his - possibly under Wiley?

Anyhow - I'm a fan of the Swedish subtitling -

'F U N E X?'

'S. V F X'.

Yes, he definitely wrote Mastermind.

"The best sketches must include David Renwick's Mastermind sketch..." - http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/thetworonnies/

The mastermind sketch is genius, I also highly rate the sketch where the two of them are in phone booths and Corbett is giving the double entendre answers to everything Barker says!

And of course, "Fork 'Andles"....

I used the like the sketches where the two of them where in a pub.
Can't remember the exact dialogue, but one would have trouble finishing each sentence by going "erm" and the other one would roll off various suggested sentence endings.

Completely forgot about the Plumstead Ladies Male Voice Choir. That was a good sketch too.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ September 4 2009, 1:53 PM BST

That's my favourite sketch - and yes it was written by Renwick.

My fave too.
I saw Renwick talking about how he wrote this sketch, and how he had no idea if it would work or not. Truly, an example of an artist making himself vulnerable for his art.

I loved the Two Ronnies. I know they were upset by this, but this is parody at its best.

https://www.comedy.co.uk/videos/1797/

Quote: Will Cam @ October 8 2010, 6:13 AM BST

this is parody at its best.

It's parody at its funniest but I can't help feeling it was something of a cheap and rather cruel shot by Smith and Jones.

What made the Two Ronnies so successful was their ability to entertain 'all the family' simultaneously - something that few TV performers have ever managed to do.

No small part of that magnificent achievement was due to the very thing Smith and Jones are mocking - the ability to write and deliver 'sexual' material that appeals to kids, parents and grandparents, and that can be enjoyed by all three groups simultaneously without anyone feeling embarrassed.

Should the parody have been transmitted?

I think not.

It was bloody funny, though.