Katy Brand's Big Ass Show

Katy Brand's Big Ass Show: potentially ITV's first hit sketch show for a long time, or another dud?

It starts next month. Pre-judge it now:

Lilly Allen spoof (Windows Media Player video - warning some strong language)*

Binge drinking sketch (Windows Media Player video).

More about the show

I thought the Lilly Allen sketch was great - if that attention to detail and budget is retained through out the show it could be a winner IMHO.

(If you are wondering who Katy Brand is you might recognise her from Comedy Cuts or the never-going-to-be-funny Tittybangbang.)

* The full version of the song is on YouTube. Love the lyrics: "I can't help it if I grew up on a council estate, well when I say 'grew up' I didn't grow up but I've been to one... well I've walked past one".

I saw her comedy lab episode, which had some good bits, and some very bad bits. The only clip Ive watched of this so far featured an army character she also did in that episode, which was crap in that and was crap in the clip CHORTLE were showing. Still, I look forward to having a peek at this as there was plenty of good material too. She did a great mental Kate Winslet I seem to remember.

I guess there's a Lily Allen video I haven't seen, and song I haven't heard, 'cos that one just flew straight over my head.

One good line in the army one.

My prediction based on those two clips (which, as ever, will be the best in the eyes of the producers, which says a lot) is that it's going to be 100% unadulterated shite.

But I could be proved wrong...

Better off watching the Peter Sofam...Sofin...sofasale...the bloke form Spaced Sketch show in my opinion. (I can say it I just can't effin well spell it).

I thought it was pretty good, well acted, preferred the binge drinking sketch. 'up yer bum'. I'll probably check it out when it's on.

Serafinowicz. I think that's right - I didn't look it up, honest!

Am going to another audience recording night thingy in a few weeks. Should be good. :)

His real name being Peter Sillysandwich.

BIG ASS? Dreadful Americanism. Does she own a pet from the horse family? Why not have BIG ARSE instead?

Quote: Bad dog @ September 14, 2007, 12:32 AM

Does she own a pet from the horse family?

Going by those clips, she may have EATEN a pet from the horse family...

Quote: ajp29 @ September 13, 2007, 11:13 PM

Better off watching the Peter Sofam...Sofin...sofasale...the bloke form Spaced Sketch show in my opinion. (I can say it I just can't effin well spell it).

Laughing out loud

Ditto!

Quote: Aaron @ September 14, 2007, 2:28 PM

Going by those clips, she may have EATEN a pet from the horse family...

Pleased

I think that the Lily Allen spoof has been done far better by 'LDN Is A Victim' - 'It's a middle class, art school thing, so put on you common accents and let's all sing.' Still, it's hardly vicious satire.

If you want spoofs of recent tracks: http://www.funnyordie.com/videos/f3c6b0f1a2

i was unfortunate enough to watch a bit of katy brand's show the other night. it was worse than adam and shelley. it was worse than tittybangbang. what the hell is going on?

I've only seen bits and pieces, but I thought it was okay. Hit and miss, like they all are at the moment, but not as bad as tittybangbang.
I like her Kate Winslet.