Need new British comedy to watch, please help

I've run out of British TV to watch and I'm looking for some new stuff. Peep Show is by far my favourite programme, I've also seen The Office (love it), Spaced (like it), How Not To Live Your Life (ehhhhh), That Mitchell And Webb look (OK). There was this other show about superheroes in the real world that was pretty good, can't remember the name though. I've also seen Green Wing (hated it), Red Dwarf (hated it), Fawlty Towers (too old) and Only Fools And Horses (too old).

Hoping someone can give me some good suggestions of things that I may like based on the info above...

Thanks in advance!

Forgot to mention I'm from the US, any good comedy in the US I've already run through.

For people looking for good recent US comedies check out the list below:

Curb Your Enthusiasm
Life and Times of Tim
Always Sunny in Philadelphia
30 Rock
Parks and Recreation

Edited by Aaron.

Father Ted and Curb Your Enthusiasm on More 4, Sunday nights. The IT Crowd is good too.

Quote: jim suckit @ September 14 2009, 10:10 PM BST

I've also seen Green Wing (hated it), Red Dwarf (hated it), Fawlty Towers (too old) and Only Fools And Horses (too old).

Crazy.

Oh, and hello.

Quote: Nil Putters @ September 14 2009, 10:16 PM BST

Crazy.

I don't think Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf or Only Fools really transfer well to an American audience... Green Wing is just a ripoff of Scrubs, a terrible terrible terrible US sitcom.

Edited by Aaron.

Oh, you're in the US? Your profile says England.

Fawlty* ;)

I like Scrubs and don't believe Green Wing is a rip off of it.

Try Black Books, The Thick Of It and I'm Alan Partridge for starters. :)

All good choices, and all ran over here at some point.

Quote: jim suckit @ September 14 2009, 10:20 PM BST

Green Wing is just a ripoff of Scrubs a terrible terrible terrible US sitcom.

Really not true.

I don't think Fawlty Towers, Red Dwarf or Only Fools really transfer well to an American audience...

This always puzzles me, this not translating thing. We can watch the most American of American comedies and 'get it'; obviously certain references might pass us by, but if it's funny, it's funny.

Remember Stott, it's the accents that have most Americans stymied...

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 14 2009, 10:32 PM BST

Try Black Books, The Thick Of It and I'm Alan Partridge for starters. :)

Yes.

Quote: AndreaLynne @ September 14 2009, 10:42 PM BST

Remember Stott, it's the accents that have most Americans stymied...

But why? Why?!? It's still English! I can take whatever American accent is thrown at me, why does it seem to be such a hurdle for American viewers?

Actually, in my job I often have to phone different American companies, and it still surprises me the amount of people, no matter how slowly and clearly I speak, will ask me to repeat what I've just said when they answer. Weird.

Green Wing is just a ripoff of Scrubs

Blimey. That is so breathtakingly absurd a statement! Still, each to their own.

And I'm completely stumped as to what to suggest.

Green Wing is nothing like Scrubs whatsoeverrrrr!

I guess you could try Lead Balloon, if you liked Curb. Many people say they are similar, although I'm not sure I agree. :)

The only thing Green Wing has in common with Scrubs is that they're both set in a hospital. Guy Secretan is a great character and a sex god.

I shall recommend The League of Gentlemen. Because it is awesome. And if you can be arsed to watch it, I then recommend Psychoville. I second Father Ted, as I have yet to meet anyone who doesn't like it.

My Catholic grandma, so there!

That's the trouble with former colonies . . give them a bit of independence and they slag off FT !

Oh for the days of sending a gunboat up the Potomac !

Angry

We should never backed down over Suez in '56, of course... *puffs on pipe* Unimpressed