Smack The Pony Page 2

You can buy all three series & Christmas specials of Smack The Pony from iTunes.

Series 1 - £7.99
Series 2 & 3 - £10.99
Specials - £2.99

Or you can buy the complete series 1 & 2 from German Amazon.de.

http://www.amazon.de/s/ref=nb_ss?__mk_de_DE=%C5M%C5Z%D5%D1&url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=smack+the+pony&x=0&y=0

The DVDs have the episodes as they were on TV just with a German voiceover option but you can ignore it. You just have to work your way through the German Amazon checkout. :S

Everyone in this thread who's said bad things about Smack The Pony is SOOOO wrong. (Aaron.) They were the best (well, yeah, the songs were hit and miss) and you should be DVRing all of 'em.

Stay well away from Gladiatress, the STP movie, though. God only knows why they did that. (And *they* even look embarrassed about it in the "Special Features".)

And then when you've got them all, you can put them in this lovely DVD cover. (Well, lovelier than the "official" ones, anyway. And I like the made-up hype I put on the back cover.)

Hi-rez at: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2336/2025125445_258c4f0416_o.jpg

As always, this image is for private use only, and its use for any commercial purpose is not intended nor condoned. All rights belong to the original artists, and none are claimed on my part.

Nice cover. I haven't seen the film, but wouldn't mind.

I concur with the nice cover.

It's always confused me as to why Smack The Pony has never had a complete series DVD release. The best of is mostly the beginning of series 2. It deserves it a proper release. I mean look at Green Wing, roughly the same writing team, series 1 released, then 2, then the box set, then a definitive collection.

It doesn't even have a future due-for-release date which makes me :( and a little bit Angry .

Quote: annagranfors @ September 7 2009, 11:39 PM BST

Everyone in this thread who's said bad things about Smack The Pony is SOOOO wrong. (Aaron.)

The first two episodes were dull dull dull!

Cheers for the kind words, Nil and Sean! :)

Aaron--I'm probably remembering it as one remembers an old friend, and overlooking its flaws--judging it in its totality. (I tend to be very protective of old friends--sorry!) (And I only "picked on" you as I consider you a friend from previous yap, and thus capable of being picked on for comic purposes.) (Plus, how can you, as consummate Green Wing fan, not automatically just love this? Sue White would like a word...)

Anyone heard anything new about the new show that reunites them (reported a few months back), albeit in sitcom form? Looking forward to that and Campus, the new one from Vicky Pile.

Quote: annagranfors @ September 9 2009, 3:38 PM BST

Plus, how can you, as consummate Green Wing fan, not automatically just love this?

Because they're not the same show!

(Joking and all of the rest of that is fine, BTW. :))

It was an okay show that's got a much better reputation than it deserves. Although compared to a lot of recent sketch shows, it's practically Shakespeare.

I have freeview so I cannot watch it unfortunately but I do have a DVD of it called The Best Of Smack The Pony. I didn't want to buy it, I wanted to wait for the series to be released but still... no luck. It happened with French And Saunders too. I bought two complation DVDs, a month later the series box set came out (which I have!).

I hate complation DVDs. I love proper series and specials releases

You should check our coming soon list, James. We had the F&S box set listed for months and months before it came out!

Quote: annagranfors @ September 9 2009, 3:38 PM BST

Anyone heard anything new about the new show that reunites them (reported a few months back), albeit in sitcom form? Looking forward to that and Campus, the new one from Vicky Pile.

I honestly can't wait to see this new show and I mean really, properly excited. There are few shows that I genuninely look forward, but being such a Smack The Pony fan, this was just too good to be true!

Here was the news of the new project written in the Stage for those who didn't catch it:

http://www.thestage.co.uk/news/newsstory.php/24956/exclusive-smack-the-pony-trio-reunite-for

I want the DVD box set like a sickness. LOVE IT. I also love Gladiatress, never fails to make me laugh. Why made acquiring it so limited. Ridiculous I wantz it . Hope I don't have to buy a bootleg or wait 30+years for it's release.

Well, as reported elsewhere in this forum, you can buy the first two series on DVD, but from Germany. Don't worry you can remove the German subtitles/dub.

Three series are available on Hulu for those in the USA.

All the shows are available on 4OD and YouTube.

http://www.youtube.com/show?p=oY6WBu8EX38&s=1

It's all legit, so us impoverished writers still get some pennies for your viewing.

I agree, it was hit and miss, but it seems to have stuck in people's minds in a positive way.

Never liked the songs either.